Bala

First Name
Bala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a 2022 4 CT (took delivery in mid December 21). I was away on holidays for 3 weeks and my CT was in my garage secure with 75% charge when I left it. Yesterday when I returned, it would not open with my key or allow me to do anything.. has anyone else on this forum had similar issues? I managed to open the door with the emergency key but nothing would come on when I try to switch on the vehicle. It’s completely locked me out.. any suggestions or discussion on this welcomed… I can’t seem to do anything through the Porsche connect or my Porsche apps either. Says pcm connection not available and your vehicle unavailable.. thanks. Bala, British Columbia, Canada
Sponsored

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I have a 2022 4 CT (took delivery in mid December 21). I was away on holidays for 3 weeks and my CT was in my garage secure with 75% charge when I left it. Yesterday when I returned, it would not open with my key or allow me to do anything.. has anyone else on this forum had similar issues? I managed to open the door with the emergency key but nothing would come on when I try to switch on the vehicle. It’s completely locked me out.. any suggestions or discussion on this welcomed… I can’t seem to do anything through the Porsche connect or my Porsche apps either. Says pcm connection not available and your vehicle unavailable.. thanks. Bala, British Columbia, Canada
Sorry to hear. I have similar year model and was away recently for 2.5 weeks. I did not encounter this issue. My SOC was around 50% and stayed the same when I returned. Sounds like 12v battery issue. Hopefully you can find help at the dealership.

OP
OP

Bala

First Name
Bala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks … I have the dealership working on this and hope to have some answers later which I’ll share on this forum.. I’m completely thrilled with my new CT, but this issue since yesterday has baffled me.. I’m hoping that Porsche Canada customer assist will have some answers as well…

OP
OP

Bala

First Name
Bala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo
Country flag
Sorry to hear. I have similar year model and was away recently for 2.5 weeks. I did not encounter this issue. My SOC was around 50% and stayed the same when I returned. Sounds like 12v battery issue. Hopefully you can find help at the dealership.
hi again, my issue has been resolved by the dealership here.. it was the 12v battery drain that caused the issue.. alls good now..

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
hi again, my issue has been resolved by the dealership here.. it was the 12v battery drain that caused the issue.. alls good now..
Glad to see the issue resolved. Surprised the 12v issue is still out there.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's a major concern as the issue with 12v battery was resolved quite some time ago.

Is this a new issue surfacing or was something left 'on to drain the battery or just bad luck and a duff 12v battery?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
That's a major concern as the issue with 12v battery was resolved quite some time ago.

Is this a new issue surfacing or was something left 'on to drain the battery or just bad luck and a duff 12v battery?
Any chance the OP has a dash cam like the FitcamX installed that might have perhaps caused some drain. I have a FitcamX installed and realize of course that it technically shuts off a after a preset time (unless of course there is a knock etc) but is still a bit of a concern I need to test myself.

On a related note the dealership did not seem to recognize my FitcamX installation on my last WNA5 update (I had asked them to check the whole system for another reason too) which was interesting - I took out the mini-usb card so it would not be active recording whilst there (thinking this might be enough to keep it hidden in the system check). Curious if others had been asked of their install by dealership service techs?

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag

Would you know how was that resolved? I was really baffled when my Prius 12V drained last weekend. But from my understand no cars right now. Not even my Mini SE can use the drive battery to keep the 12 V tip up.