Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Toby, are your dates still firm? I haven't checked mine, but keep hearing some delays with Audi, and the article below could be the reason

https://insideevs.com/news/395239/audi-struggles-e-tron-production/
I am posting my schedule I had in November and then the one from Thursday. There has been a 5 week delay in the vehicle 4S going into production, but the expected delivery date has remained the same. Finally it is in production. Wondering if Porsche pushed back 4S production to match their official launch. Does anyone know the official launch date for 4S. I am sure none of us will get our car till it is officially launched

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s April delivery 1907E4D8-4A8E-49D4-9B67-175320580B4B

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s April delivery 90CFEE3A-AB80-4D02-8A0B-94702560AE0F

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am posting my schedule I had in November and then the one from Thursday. There has been a 5 week delay in the vehicle 4S going into production, but the expected delivery date has remained the same. Finally it is in production. Wondering if Porsche pushed back 4S production to match their official launch. Does anyone know the official launch date for 4S. I am sure none of us will get our car till it is officially launched
thanks.
what does “Officially launched” mean?
The turbo and turbo s are in peoples hands now and I don’t remember an official launch that was just for them.
The 4s was announced months ago, configuration open, media reviews released, lots of pr from Porsche, I don’t expect any more of an official launch

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know the official launch date for 4S. I am sure none of us will get our car till it is officially launched
Two weeks ago, I heard that the EPA release date was 4/10. I presume it cannot be sold before that date, but uncertain.

Strange that is consistent with your schedule.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Two weeks ago, I heard that the EPA release date was 4/10. I presume it cannot be sold before that date, but uncertain.

Strange that is consistent with your schedule.
that was one of my theories about the delay. That they are doing that 5 cycle test rather than the 2 cycle test and multiply by .7

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
that was one of my theories about the delay. That they are doing that 5 cycle test rather than the 2 cycle test and multiply by .7
Oh interesting, I wasn't aware of the different test options. Is that expected to produce a more accurate (higher) range?

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Oh interesting, I wasn't aware of the different test options. Is that expected to produce a more accurate (higher) range?
Given the T4S has a smaller motor and 19” wheels I expect a higher range on the EPA results

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given the T4S has a smaller motor and 19” wheels I expect a higher range on the EPA results
Sorry, I meant to ask if the 5-cycle test should produce a higher range than the 2-cycle test?

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Just heard from my dealer. Delivery delayed from May 22 to June 12. Hopefully no additional delays.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry, I meant to ask if the 5-cycle test should produce a higher range than the 2-cycle test?
My understanding is that the 2 cycle test takes the results and multiplies it by 0.7 to get the rating (to take into account inefficiencies or something).

Presumably, the 5 cycle test covers more cases, so no 0.7 multiple is required.

The results may be the same if that 0.7 factor is the right one, however, given all the real world results we are seeing, I doubt it is the right factor.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
The Taycan is testet by EPA, normally the car manufacturer just gives the numbers to EPA!

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
The Taycan is testet by EPA, normally the car manufacturer just gives the numbers to EPA!
Yes they do but there are two acceptable methods of testing the 2 cycle & the 5 cycle. The test that Porsche did for the Turbo and Turbo S was the 2 cycle If they do a 5 cycle for the T4S the results may get them a hight EPA result

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
My Turbo got delayed a month from early May to early June. Keep getting updated screen shots. Nothing else dealer can do...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Turbo got delayed a month from early May to early June. Keep getting updated screen shots. Nothing else dealer can do...
are you at V210 status?
that is in the screen shot of the overall order info (eg. Your name, sales person name, etc), not the screen with the line by line order

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
V200 was 11/08, dealer update today is that my West coast USA delivery has moved from 4/24 to 7/3.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s April delivery 9DFAD8BD-4F0E-4A6A-A770-7D9532163317
Sponsored