Taycan Carplay suddenly asks to connect USB.

YoDochYo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, Cayenne
Country flag
Hi everyone, have a question. I was always connected to Carplay wirelessly but today I noticed the carplay didn’t light up and when I clicked on it, it’s asking for cable. Do you know how to resolve this? I have tried connecting to car's wifi before reconnecting bluetooth, I've tried rebooting as well, none of these have worked. I remembered normally if you pressed the carplay button it should start bluetooth search, but now instead of starting bluetooth search, it's asking for USB connection like the image. Anyone with the same experience, how do you resolve it? TIA.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Carplay suddenly asks to connect USB. 422894466_10230858972274996_2357836922051832025_n
Sponsored

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Every so often you need to reset the iPhone / CarPlay connection - don’t know why.

Steps:
  1. Delete the iPhone device connection from the PCM (swipe right on the device to reveal the delete action)
  2. Forget the car in CarPlay on the iPhone
Once that’s done, the connect the iPhone using USB and the process to connect CarPlay.

OP
OP
YoDochYo

YoDochYo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, Cayenne
Country flag
I have tried connecting with usb and it will work, but once i unplug usb cable, it won’t work. Previously when i press on the carplay on pcm, it will start searching for phone, now it just shows the message asking for usb connection. I’m wondering what’s blocking it from going Bluetooth.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have tried connecting with usb and it will work, but once i unplug usb cable, it won’t work. Previously when i press on the carplay on pcm, it will start searching for phone, now it just shows the message asking for usb connection. I’m wondering what’s blocking it from going Bluetooth.
You will need both Bluetooth and WiFi for CarPlay to work.
In your PCM under devices, do you see your phone and CarPlay ? That is where you activate it.
Sponsored