USB Stick

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out how to add my USB stick to play music. When looking at manual all new devices need bluetooth.
I'd thought it would just load once inserted. Am I missing something. I did try to read manual but not clear.
Sponsored

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
just plug the stick, then in Music select USB in the source. It should work fine. it does for me.

If not seen in Music, may be it’s because of the format ?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
If it's not being seen then it will be the format of the disk or the music.

Needs to be formatted FAT32 (loads of videos on YouTube for how to do that in various version of Windows/MacOS).

It'll read most formats of music file tbh. If all your tunes are in an esoteric format, you'll know it and will know how to address it I would think. Standard MP3, AAC etc should all play fine.

OP
OP
Yoko

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
Thanks for the comments. I'll try again later. USB Stick is just Kingston 256gb USB, music format a mix of old purchased iTunes and Apple Lossless.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
If you've used it exclusively in a Mac, the stick itself may not be formatted FAT32.

Might also be worth checking that any music files are protected.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Thanks for the comments. I'll try again later. USB Stick is just Kingston 256gb USB, music format a mix of old purchased iTunes and Apple Lossless.
Purchased iTunes songs are likely to be Fairplay DRM encrypted and won't play. Apple Lossless should be okay if they were originally ripped from a CD.

OP
OP
Yoko

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
All working now. Thanks. Nothing really different, same stick. Took a long time to load though...
Maybe didn't connect properly earlier? I'm on Mac and Kingston Stick is formatted FAT32 out of box. Lossless fine, I have a few video files on there too so will be interesting if they play.
Sponsored