PCM Porsche Connect suddenly working after a month... !

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
I had the dreaded Porsche Connect unable to login / account greyed out issue that many UK (and other countries?) cars had.

It was supposed to take a day or two in dealership to fix - which involved resetting the whole system or something like that. I gave the dealer a tough time - surely a £100k car should not need to be sent back so early in its life.

Anyway - I chose to live with just having Guest Mode for the last many weeks, and thought I'd schedule in the fix later.

Miraculously, the car all of a sudden didn't have the issue anymore, and now I can do wonderful things like preheat the car from my phone.

I didn't do anything or change anything, on my end. Go figure!
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
pray that it stays like this! it's usually not like working all the time.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had the dreaded Porsche Connect unable to login / account greyed out issue that many UK (and other countries?) cars had.

It was supposed to take a day or two in dealership to fix - which involved resetting the whole system or something like that. I gave the dealer a tough time - surely a £100k car should not need to be sent back so early in its life.

Anyway - I chose to live with just having Guest Mode for the last many weeks, and thought I'd schedule in the fix later.

Miraculously, the car all of a sudden didn't have the issue anymore, and now I can do wonderful things like preheat the car from my phone.

I didn't do anything or change anything, on my end. Go figure!
Everything comes to he who waits!

Suspect that Porsche Gmbh IT support had something ultimately to do with that and are just working through a backlog of similar back office user account (Porsche Connect ID) registrations / re-registrations. To this point I think dealers have messed around with changing physical components which by coincidence have 'resolved' the issue when quite possibly it is down to timing and administration.

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
Everything comes to he who waits!

Suspect that Porsche Gmbh IT support had something ultimately to do with that and are just working through a backlog of similar back office user account (Porsche Connect ID) registrations / re-registrations. To this point I think dealers have messed around with changing physical components which by coincidence have 'resolved' the issue when quite possibly it is down to timing and administration.
I wish Porsche was more like a tech or software firm in this regard. Surely it would have saved a lot of customers and dealer technicians a lot of time, not to mention the cost of giving out courtesy cars and the like if they knew this could be fixed over the air.

And to placate all us customers they could have just given us a free unlock of an over the air feature of our choice.

Or, of course, give us a free set of spare alloys of our choice :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I wish Porsche was more like a tech or software firm in this regard. Surely it would have saved a lot of customers and dealer technicians a lot of time, not to mention the cost of giving out courtesy cars and the like if they knew this could be fixed over the air.

And to placate all us customers they could have just given us a free unlock of an over the air feature of our choice.

Or, of course, give us a free set of spare alloys of our choice :)
Nice idea ... not a lot to choose on the FoD menu for UK cars with having factory fitted hardware in place - we get everything as standard apart from Power Steering Plus which is a default option for me.

Some compensation is warranted however.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Looks that they turned on PCM for you.. and turned off for those who were using it before :facepalm: :eek:

Error when loading vehicles.
If problem persists, please conctact Porsche.
error: 7_MP_PC

Edit: according to my dealer, they upgraded the system (during 9:00-11:00 CET) and they are up & running again (confirmed by myself). :like:

Last edited:

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I am weeks turning into months with the same problem. Porsche GB are waiting on germany whom keep saying the same things, "reset PCM" = same result. They then complained they could not reset it due to it being in privacy mode... no sh1t sherlock! How about you coordinate with me when it isn't - driving me mad.
Sponsored