TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I find the impact of the roofbox to be marginal up to around 60mph. After that it gets more pronounced. It was difficult to make exact comparisons - and i stopped caring, honestly - but as I recall the impact on efficiency was between 3 and 9% (as in higher conso).

As a data point: 933mi trip, 61mph avg, 47.7kWh/100mi consumption (4CT). Mine’s the Inno Wedge (which is a bit thinner than the Vector), sitting on OEM bars+towers (which are a bit taller than the Thule). I’ve taken it to triple digits without any fuss.
I have the Porsche speed box, so I don't know how much that impacts this question. While range certainly decreases with speed, I have been most amazed about how little high speed seems to bend the efficiency curve for the Porsche box. The amount of range I lose (4-10%) seems fairly constant no matter my speed such that it's not worth worrying about 95 mph vs. 65 mph. Yes, you lose range but not as much as I thought I was going to lose. Certainly I would not use it unless I had too, but I do not hesitate if the car is full.
Sponsored

Last edited: