Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Like it! I agree that good wheels and a lighter color will really show off the lines. I'm thinking white is a definite possibility, given the look of the concept model.
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Like it! I agree that good wheels and a lighter color will really show off the lines. I'm thinking white is a definite possibility, given the look of the concept model.
yah thinking lighter color as well. to hide the cher bulk of it...... rather thinking chalk grey.........

Not sure i like the pulled in rear wheels though........ i hope they will end up a little more flush than that......... will definitely go with the fuchs style 5 spoke wheels that they sell for the 992. classic but contemporary.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
yah thinking lighter color as well. to hide the cher bulk of it...... rather thinking chalk grey.........

Not sure i like the pulled in rear wheels though........ i hope they will end up a little more flush than that......... will definitely go with the fuchs style 5 spoke wheels that they sell for the 992. classic but contemporary.
They'll most likely be more flush on the top model. Think of the wheel width and offsets for the rest of the tiers.

Also, nothing a proper H&R spacer can't fine tune.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The Taycan is one of the sleekest 4-door saloons in production, it genuinely looks like a sports coupe from most angles. That's not something you can say about most 4-door vehicles

Taycan_Rolf

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4
Country flag
guy's btw... if you see a German car plate which is (in this example from LB which is the City Ludwigsburg) and the one or in this case other two following characters - which is here EK - this has a sign :) EK stands for "Erlkönig" this is the translation of pretest vehicle :) hahahahaha

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
guy's btw... if you see a German car plate which is (in this example from LB which is the City Ludwigsburg) and the one or in this case other two following characters - which is here EK - this has a sign :) EK stands for "Erlkönig" this is the translation of pretest vehicle :) hahahahaha
To my knowledge it's "Elf king" so I'm not sure if I understand your joke correctly.
Sorry in advance.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I was thinking, maybe you mean this:
The 911 is also called "Elfer" in German (which means eleven).
So EK means "Elfer König" (King of 9-Elevens).
Right? :D

But then again, there are much more different license plates on those mules...

Last edited:

James Dusty

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa
Country flag
Maybe its the black paint and poor camera/zoom but I'm not seeing it. Still looks like a Panamera more than the Mission E to my eye.

Hood bulges have been inverted and roof bulges removed completely
Front bumper is totally different, sticks out less has huge catfish mouth on bottom
Front fenders are not as wide and less curved/humped
Dish/concavity of side doors is less as are the side skirts and because of this the rear fender is less curved/humped as well
The rear end from glass to bumper is shorter and rear wheel is much closer to the end of the car
Normal/boring mirrors instead of "virtual" LCD displays

Overall "widebody" look/stance of the Mission E is missing when you remove all of these things and the car suffers for it. Turning into more of a electric car for the masses than a special Porsche. Let Tesla be the e car for the masses!

I'll keep my deposit (why not, nothing to lose) until I see the full reveal and white paint but based on this it isn't what I was hoping or expecting it to be.
My thoughts exactly! I’ll pass on this version. Does absolutely nothing for me. Glorified Panamera. G’bye.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz
Country flag
okay, this made it a lot better. I am so anxious to see the final production version and the price tag. this car will certainly compete with Tesla S on every level, there is a reason why Tesla announced an update for the S with extra miles.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
My thoughts exactly! I’ll pass on this version. Does absolutely nothing for me. Glorified Panamera. G’bye.
But still looks better than the Tesla Model S, the Audi E-Tron GT, and the vast majority of production cars with 4 doors. Even the Peugeot 508 struggles to look better than this

OP
OP

Big_Pete1999

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag
But still looks better than the Tesla Model S, the Audi E-Tron GT, and the vast majority of production cars with 4 doors. Even the Peugeot 508 struggles to look better than this
Not sure about the Audi if it remains true to the concept.
The concept Taycan aka Mission E >>>>>>>>>>> Audi E-Tron GT
But a reworked front end panamera "Taycan" is NOT as sexy as the Audi E-Tron GT
Sorry, but it just isn't.