Taycan facelift short drive video

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
That’s what I’m hoping for. But you know FOMO…see some almost perfect cars. I just gotta be strong. Doesn’t help the sales agents keep hinting CPO prices might go up if there’s a price increase on the refresh. But I know, that’s their pressure sales tactic
It's unlikely CPO prices will go up, but it is possible the depreciation levels out. As @marsh3377 points out, an increase in new Taycan prices will put some distance to the Macan EV, and may slow the turnover of .1 Taycans.

That is, it never hurts to wait; worst case prices won't drop from now. It's more of an exercise in willpower. 😉
Sponsored

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I agree, I've got a deposit down for a CT 4S but had delayed it waiting for the facelift - the Macan is definitely making me consider switching. The Macan is ~£30k cheaper than the CT I've specced (similar equipment) and if the prices goes up on the CT then although I really do prefer the Taycan, that's a big price difference to swallow.
Exactly my situation, hopefully we find out the details of the Taycan FL next week, but I have to say the Macan Turbo is a pretty compelling package and looks really great, at this stage I’m leaning towards it.

Reactions: 007

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Anyway, the dealer said to me that they had access to the new Taycan configurator and prices had gone up almost 20%.
Even if that's actually 15%, it's moving each current variant to around the price of the next one up. Some of that could be justified by safety tech options that have been cost options now becoming mandated on all new vehicles, but even with that and the range increase, I think a significant power upgrade will be needed to make such a price uplift acceptable to many.

Last edited:

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Well over here there is a ~20k price gap between similarly spec’d sedans vs CTs. Its that gap I need to bridge, or I’m jumping into a sedan. Hopefully there’s a bit of movement in the next few weeks….going from a Model S to a 2011 Prius isn’t fun….though I’m sure many on here will say I took a step up ;)

the Macan turbo is interesting. It’s wider and longer, so I wonder if that translates into more rear seat room. If so, it may bump heads with the CT in terms of utility (for me)

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Take the price info with a grain of salt, those reps tend to make things up. Doubt there is a 15-20% price increase. Not even Porsche is stupid enough to ignore market dynamics.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Agreed. A Macan turbo is still priced under a base Taycan here by ~$20k. That’s enough of a gap. But I’m sure we’ll see at least a $5k bump just because

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Agreed. A Macan turbo is still priced under a base Taycan here by ~$20k. That’s enough of a gap. But I’m sure we’ll see at least a $5k bump just because
Really?
Weird. Here:
Base Macan €90K
Base Taycan €100K
Macan Turbo €120K

Base Macan ICE €126K 🥸

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Really?
Weird. Here:
Base Macan €90K
Base Taycan €100K
Macan Turbo €120K

Base Macan ICE €126K 🥸
But you probably have a huge Malus tax to Pay on an ICE?

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
But you probably have a huge Malus tax to Pay on an ICE?
True. Tax based on emissions. So zero tax for Macan EV vs 40K for ICE.

But comment was more related to pricing of Macan EV VS Taycan EV here in NL. Very different than Canada apparently.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
So I was a bit off. I’d read the turbo was starting at $125cad, where it’s officially $137. We don’t have a rwd option for the Taycan, so the cheapest option now is the 4S, which starts at $144

livpts

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3, 992 TTS, GTS Sport Turismo (Incoming)
Country flag
Hello all, have lurked for a while, first post.

Spoke to the GM of my preferred dealer, who’s also happens to be a friend. He says he’s not afraid of any Taycan inventory as Taycan production will be halted for a while (I didn’t ask how long) due to the Macan EV. The Macan EV will be taking priority over any and all Taycan My25 orders until further notice.

They’ve received a memo appearantly. Meaning prices could stabilize a bit given inventory levels will continue to slow or drop and especially depending on what the reveal has for in store for us.

Just thought I’d share given many are on the fence of when they should purchase.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello all, have lurked for a while, first post.

Spoke to the GM of my preferred dealer, who’s also happens to be a friend. He says he’s not afraid of any Taycan inventory as Taycan production will be halted for a while (I didn’t ask how long) due to the Macan EV. The Macan EV will be taking priority over any and all Taycan My25 orders until further notice.

They’ve received a memo appearantly. Meaning prices could stabilize a bit given inventory levels will continue to slow or drop and especially depending on what the reveal has for in store for us.

Just thought I’d share given many are on the fence of when they should purchase.
They are in different plants, wouldn’t it be strange just to shut down?

livpts

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3, 992 TTS, GTS Sport Turismo (Incoming)
Country flag
I’ll certainly ask him this question and report back.

Reactions: 007

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I’ll certainly ask him this question and report back.
Maybe different plants but same employees? Aren’t the plants shared? I thought I’ve read somewhere that all PTS 911’s are from the Taycan plant

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Maybe different plants but same employees? Aren’t the plants shared? I thought I’ve read somewhere that all PTS 911’s are from the Taycan plant
The Taycan is made in Zuffenhausen, alongside the 911 and 718. All other models are built in Leipzig, Bratislava (or elsewhere in Asia). I thought there was an assembly plant in Hungary, but can't find anything on it - maybe it was just my Macan which was assembled there.. 😶

Discover where Porsche cars are made (tl;dr: Macan EV is built alongside the ICE in Leipzig)
Sponsored