WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That's an interesting point, but I don't think straight-line performance is the only criteria. Surely the Taycan will still be the better handling car, with it not being on stilts. That is, the target buyer won't be the same, and if it so happens that someone would choose the Macan, then so be it - the profit margin is likely still huge, so they'll make more overall from a model selling in higher numbers.

For me, personally, the Taycan means an EV wagon - which the Macan is not going to be. I will, however, keep an eye on the corresponding depreciation threads :) and replace our ICE Macan in a few years. (I need to start suggesting build codes on the new forum.. <rubs hands>)
I agree that superior handling should be a significant differentiator for the Taycan, but overall I still don't see enough superiority of the current Taycan to justify the cost difference and, although I personally prefer my CT and will gladly be keeping it, I get the impression that a lot of buyers- at least in the UK- prefer the form of an SUV, but were prepared to compromise with a sedan or wagon Porsche EV when there was no SUV in the Porsche range, on the basis of Porsche's reputation for quality and ability, and the big EV tax benefits for businesses and employees.
The good news (for Taycan owners) if I'm right, is that the feeding frenzy of tax benefit driven new car leases terminating in an avalanche of used vehicles causing residuals to tank, will now pass from the Taycan to the Macan 😁
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Why can’t it be both? New sales down because of, what appears to be, a pretty similar car that you can pick up for substantially less money. Used prices also down because why would I buy a used older Taycan when I can have a similar new Macan, with better range, or soon used Macan EV, for less?

Don’t get me wrong, I really like my Taycan, but I’m not seeing how it’s so much better than the new Macan to justify that price difference.
I was saying that lower sales props up the value of used vehicles; they just don't make them/that many anymore, and for anyone wanting a Taycan that means reduced supply/higher prices. The key word here being that not everyone finds the Macan and Taycan to be equivalent. (I wouldn't.) Perhaps another key word is that 'better' doesn't mean (just and only) 'faster' - as I said previously, I would expect the Taycan to be the better driving/handling car, and perhaps with a higher top end/max speed.

For buyers motivated by perceived value*, Porsche would gladly sell them more Macans & fewer Taycans.

*I have to say, having spent a few min in the configurator**, that the Macan EV seems to have fewer options (in the optional/non-standard sense), and they're cheaper. Still ended up with a 100k M4 (..) without going nuts, so not a lot better than the equivalent 4CT.

**(edit) the configurator needs a lot of work. 🤣 Hopefully all that time saved in fixing basic rendering bugs was spent on the app update. Oh, nvm.

Reactions: 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The good news (for Taycan owners) if I'm right, is that the feeding frenzy of tax benefit driven new car leases terminating in an avalanche of used vehicles causing residuals to tank, will now pass from the Taycan to the Macan 😁
I hope this is the case.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
**(edit) the configurator needs a lot of work. 🤣 Hopefully all that time saved in fixing basic rendering bugs was spent on the app update. Oh, nvm.
Porsche Boss: Okay guys, I get it. Making a car without bugs and glitches is really hard. Let’s set the bar lower. How about just a picture of the car without bugs and glitches?

Porsche Engineers:
Porsche Taycan Taycan facelift short drive video 1706220644612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche Boss: Okay guys, I get it. Making a car without bugs and glitches is really hard. Let’s set the bar lower. How about just a picture of the car without bugs and glitches?

Porsche Engineers:
1706220644612.jpeg
I think the closer you are to the motherland the better it works… I’m not seeing any glitches in the configurator here. But it could be that it’s because I’m the only one using it 🤷‍♂️

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I think the closer you are to the motherland the better it works… I’m not seeing any glitches in the configurator here. But it could be that it’s because I’m the only one using it 🤷‍♂️
Well, I'll be.. my first attempt resulted in a lot of the images at the bottom being broken; the larger images did not load reliably - even going back and forth between working slides.

I had another go, and all is well. Kudos to Porsche for promptly fixing this! Lighting-fast response, they truly are masters of UX software, dunno why I ever doubted them. (Either that, or @007 closed his configurator.)

Oh btw, one more sign Porsche is trying to take the Taycan upmarket - the PCE delivery option (US) is now $1k, so less than half for the same experience in taking delivery of a Taycan..? And only 1 year of free EA charging - this, no doubt, may seem like savings to some.

Reactions: 007

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Well, I'll be.. my first attempt resulted in a lot of the images at the bottom being broken; the larger images did not load reliably - even going back and forth between working slides.
My attempts earlier today were all very broken. It was so bad, I felt like it needed some fixes to work its way up to broken.

AZOiX50

First Name
stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audie Etron S
Country flag
who gives you the information? Battery cross or net capacity?
porsche dealer, battery net 95 kW
The price: they said + 10% but probably more to offer eg. bigger battery, heath pump standard, ..

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
:facepalm: I’m about to pull the trigger on a ‘23 4S…..do I wait or do I go ahead

either CPO prices go up, down, or stay the same. The car in question is priced right, has everything I want….except 19.2 and it’s not a CT….maybe more vehicles pop up…or maybe they don’t and this one sells :facepalm:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
And only 1 year of free EA charging - this, no doubt, may seem like savings to some.
Oh, that's a good find. With the recent talk of EA idle fees, it looks like they are trying to reduce the freebies on the EA network. I assume, to encourage better behaviours and generate more income.

While there has never (yet) been idle fees here in Europe on IONITY – no manufacturer offers free charging – and I think that has been a positive thing regarding reliability and availability.

Skaffen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
I agree that superior handling should be a significant differentiator for the Taycan, but overall I still don't see enough superiority of the current Taycan to justify the cost difference and, although I personally prefer my CT and will gladly be keeping it, I get the impression that a lot of buyers- at least in the UK- prefer the form of an SUV, but were prepared to compromise with a sedan or wagon Porsche EV when there was no SUV in the Porsche range, on the basis of Porsche's reputation for quality and ability, and the big EV tax benefits for businesses and employees.
I agree, I've got a deposit down for a CT 4S but had delayed it waiting for the facelift - the Macan is definitely making me consider switching. The Macan is ~£30k cheaper than the CT I've specced (similar equipment) and if the prices goes up on the CT then although I really do prefer the Taycan, that's a big price difference to swallow.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
If prices go up further on the Taycan refresh, I think new sales will completely stall, especially that we now have the much cheaper Macan EV. It’s already a $50k usd delta MSRP here in Poland between Taycan Turbo vs. Macan EV Turbo (without options).

I’ve got a feeling used prices on our 1st gen Taycans are about to really tank.
Unfortunately I think your right.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
:facepalm: I’m about to pull the trigger on a ‘23 4S…..do I wait or do I go ahead

either CPO prices go up, down, or stay the same. The car in question is priced right, has everything I want….except 19.2 and it’s not a CT….maybe more vehicles pop up…or maybe they don’t and this one sells :facepalm:
I’d wait for the facelift to be released before I would buy. Values will just continue to crash. Especially if the new Taycan gets the same range as the Macan, which is gigantic upgrade form current.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
That’s what I’m hoping for. But you know FOMO…see some almost perfect cars. I just gotta be strong. Doesn’t help the sales agents keep hinting CPO prices might go up if there’s a price increase on the refresh. But I know, that’s their pressure sales tactic

marsh3377

First Name
Marsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s what I’m hoping for. But you know FOMO…see some almost perfect cars. I just gotta be strong. Doesn’t help the sales agents keep hinting CPO prices might go up if there’s a price increase on the refresh. But I know, that’s their pressure sales tactic
I picked up my new Taycan yesterday - with a healthy discount thankfully, but now wondering if I should have pushed for more!

Anyway, the dealer said to me that they had access to the new Taycan configurator and prices had gone up almost 20%. Most people right now are scared of buying EVs generally due to the crazy depreciation that’s been going on, so will loads really rush in to pay even more on top again?! Never know, it could mean a stabiliser for the used market.
Sponsored