Taycan facelift short drive video

livpts

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3, 992 TTS, GTS Sport Turismo (Incoming)
Country flag
Maybe different plants but same employees? Aren’t the plants shared? I thought I’ve read somewhere that all PTS 911’s are from the Taycan plant
From what I was told, given Porsche is still relatively a small company in comparison to other manufacturers, they usually have to pause the production of one or two models before or when producing another, especially an entirely new model.

My guy could just be speculating or recalling information based on experience, no way to tell for sure.

I’m not sure when MY24’s production would cease entirely (if it hasn’t already) and MY25 will begin and lead to deliveries.
Sponsored

achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, BMW 5 Series
Country flag
Hello all, have lurked for a while, first post.

Spoke to the GM of my preferred dealer, who’s also happens to be a friend. He says he’s not afraid of any Taycan inventory as Taycan production will be halted for a while (I didn’t ask how long) due to the Macan EV. The Macan EV will be taking priority over any and all Taycan My25 orders until further notice.

They’ve received a memo appearantly. Meaning prices could stabilize a bit given inventory levels will continue to slow or drop and especially depending on what the reveal has for in store for us.

Just thought I’d share given many are on the fence of when they should purchase.
This may be true as I see prices on sites like CarGurus and Autotrader moving down very slowly. Dealers move the prices down just a smidge every week and most Taycans (the ones I look at all RWD) have been with dealers for months. I reached out to several of them as I am in the market to buy one and none of them budged on their prices. They probably know something that we don't. I have been thinking that with MY25 reveal, dealers may be more amenable to a workable offer on existing inventory but may be not as they may know Porsche plans of what you have mentioned here.

livpts

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3, 992 TTS, GTS Sport Turismo (Incoming)
Country flag
This may be true as I see prices on sites like CarGurus and Autotrader moving down very slowly. Dealers move the prices down just a smidge every week and most Taycans (the ones I look at all RWD) have been with dealers for months. I reached out to several of them as I am in the market to buy one and none of them budged on their prices. They probably know something that we don't. I have been thinking that with MY25 reveal, dealers may be more amenable to a workable offer on existing inventory but may be not as they may know Porsche plans of what you have mentioned here.
That makes sense. I’ve seen prices coming down a bit slower as well, but it could be some dealerships are taking a stand and are refusing to lower prices for the time being. They could also be expecting given the price delta between the outgoing model and being able to get a discount on 2023 and 2024 models that people will opt for the 1st gen over MY25 especially if the differences don’t outweigh the increase in price and dealers aren’t willing to discount MY25 for a good while.

Just my thoughts.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
This is a refresh prototype with a lot of things pointing out to the disappointing cosmetic revisions, to me: headlight surrounds gone, ugly plastic vents front and rear, for real. They have to mess with the good stuff. I am glad now I know that I have the best looking one, with none of the improvements making any difference to me outside of the looks so will be waiting for the refresh of the refresh if I decide to upgrade.

He starts off with a bang of 203 miles EPA and 323 miles in testing, the sales guys at the dealer hate this, as potential buyers walk away when they see 200 miles in print when Teslas can put 400 miles in print whatever lies they make.

One thing I do like is the HV Battery view in the left tube the way Macan EV has it. I am hoping we will get this as well in an OTA update but may be not as other interfaces look too similar to the Android Automotive OS based Macan EV PCM screens.

Porsche Taycan Taycan facelift short drive video 1706884826191

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I am glad now I know that I have the best looking one, with none of the improvements making any difference to me outside of the looks so will be waiting for the refresh of the refresh if I decide to upgrade.
The efficiency is about 14% better than my Turbo CT in similar conditions, so I'm guessing 10% improvement for the same variant- a nice increment even without a bigger battery, though I rarely need to charge away from home anyway, and certainly no incentive to incur the huge cost of "upgrading" (to be honest, even if the refresh were a quantum leap, I'd still not be prepared to incur that cost, and the arrival of an improved version won't make me suddenly unhappy to keep my current one for at least 3 more years).

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
Nice we each get to have two good choices, e.g. keep the current one or decide to get a 2025.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What if our old battery dies needs replacement, Porsche should install the improved battery, so I'll keep mine until the battery is dead or I need longer range EV.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
As noted above, the Taycan while great in so many ways had an Achilles heel compared to some other EV’s., e.g. its lack of range. As I result and since this was going to be our first EV, we got an iX M60 (0-60 by MotorTrend in 3.2 seconds) and, apples to apples on features as much as is possible, saved over $30K.

Earlier this week even on a 50 degree day, with 77% SOC when we left home, even after driving 260 miles we had some electrons left. Had we left home at 100% we would have been about 310 miles. Again range was why we did not get a Taycan for our first (still only EV). But with the range results that 12 media just got in the last few days, for us since we prefer the Taycan in many ways, when our iX lease is over, chances are now excellent we would be getting a 4S Cross Turismo

The Taycan’s, to us, Achilles heel has been erased starting with the 2025’s.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
Blow away range achiefvement with 465 miles obtained in this video by Kyle, Out of Spec, with 4 people in the car. Got 4.8/kWh.

Porsche Taycan Taycan facelift short drive video IMG_9065

Porsche Taycan Taycan facelift short drive video IMG_9066

rs_lan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Blow away range achiefvement with 465 miles obtained in this video by Kyle, Out of Spec, with 4 people in the car. Got 4.8/kWh.

IMG_9065.jpeg

IMG_9066.jpeg
...With the AC On Auto, some realistic road conditions, rain and break stop, the result in range they got here is just unbelievable. Amazing improvement for a 2nd iteration and Great Achievement by the engineers. I hope this carries over the the production line.

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
Based on the numbers shown (I used the metric ones), the new Taycan battery will have about 96.6kWh usable.
Also, the consumption numbers and range were just awesome!
Sponsored