Taycan Final Design & Specs reactions from Media.

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Like i said yesterday, the taycan is being show to several media outlets (started today i think)

Here´s some reactions i´ve found so far.

I will update this when i found new stuff.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Final Design & Specs reactions from Media. Clip_3_
Sponsored

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
Yep, what's going around Instagram is that there was a private auto journalist event at PEC Atlanta for the Taycan. I haven't seen anything beyond what we already are speculating, because they weren't allowed to take pics/videos. The journalist that have posted, are consistently saying that it is an amazing car. Again, nothing of substance, so we'll have to wait until Sept. 4.

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
Have they seen the car without stickers? Or just the same cars that we've all seen in the last few weeks?

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
I reached out to one of the journalist on Instagram a few days ago to find out. This was his response:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Final Design & Specs reactions from Media. Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 8.19.34 AM

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
I reached out to one of the journalist on Instagram a few days ago to find out. This was his response:

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 8.19.34 AM.png
I think this will be the opinion of a lot of people after the reveal: a car that more closely resembles the Mission E would have been nice and it's a shame that Porsche toned down the exterior design. But the Taycan is an attractive car too.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 8.19.34 AM.png
Remember also that the prototypes have been ridiculously jacked up with regards to ride height. The production Taycan won't be - and I also think that even if the mule spoilers are the real spoilers there will be a sharp line from rear window (c pillar) to boot

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I hope so. The interior looks great. If the production exterior looks like the mules and not like the "E" then I think it will be a big mistake for Porsche. Porsche keeps showing the "E" in marketing material, even in their most recent video. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I am concerned.

AllCovered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 BMW M2
Country flag
Like i said yesterday, the taycan is being show to several media outlets (started today i think)

Here´s some reactions i´ve found so far.

I will update this when i found new stuff.

Clip_3_.jpg
Isn't he the one that first mentioned the "Turbo" moniker for the top level Taycan among some other details? I can't remember exactly what else he said.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Remember also that the prototypes have been ridiculously jacked up with regards to ride height. The production Taycan won't be - and I also think that even if the mule spoilers are the real spoilers there will be a sharp line from rear window (c pillar) to boot
They didn't jack up the cars video'd running the 'ring for sure. I also doubt Johnny Smith's car was jacked up during his 0-200 KPH runs. I would like to believe we'll see something more like the mission E, but I think we've pretty much seen the lines of the production car.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
They didn't jack up the cars video'd running the 'ring for sure. I also doubt Johnny Smith's car was jacked up during his 0-200 KPH runs. I would like to believe we'll see something more like the mission E, but I think we've pretty much seen the lines of the production car.
The 'ring cars aren't jacked up, and Johnny smith's one seems about normalish ride height, but most of the other mules are ridiculously jacked up. And I think there'll be minor details making it more like the Mission E - even the mules themselves still look like no other 4 door saloon on the road
Sponsored