felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Yes exactly. That was the case for all production cars I saw...so I'm Pretty sure this will be gone next week after world premiere.
That would be, aesthetically, very nice indeed!
Sponsored

parlinone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40
Country flag
It's still a Sketch from the Desing Studios in Weissach, but it's indeed a headlight from the Taycan.

The production car has the free Floating led Lights as the Mission E (the test mules still have a glass Panel in front of them - but it will be gone in the finished Version).

Only difference to the production car is: the finished Version will have the following part in a dark Grey/black Colour and not in the Exterieur colour:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A 630

that is a real shame, yes I meant the black plastic inserts on both sides of the headlights. I actually did like the glass in front of the headlights, so if the glass panel goes off but the black plastic inserts stay that would be worst of both worlds for me.

I really don't understand this change, it alters the front of the car drastically in all colors but black and not for the better.

Attachments

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Looking for the website URL and the exact time Porsche will begin the reveal/press conference on Sept. 4.

Thank you.
~Ken

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Dear @PAG_J1 ,

Do you know if a Head-Up Display is foreseen as a future option?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Dear @PAG_J1 ,

Do you know if a Head-Up Display is foreseen as a future option?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all of our questions.
The head-up Display is planned as an Option for the Taycan. I don't have exact Information when it will be available

Cone

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross turismo. Cayenne E-hibryd. Boxter
Country flag
The head-up Display is planned as an Option for the Taycan. I don't have exact Information when it will be available
Do you know if RSE will be a future option? Soft close doors also?

Cone

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross turismo. Cayenne E-hibryd. Boxter
Country flag
Dear PAG_J1,
As you seem an expert in Taycan, I would like to know if Remote parking assist is available in Taycan as well as auto pilot.
Thx in advance

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I asked somewhere else here on TaycanForum, but I should have asked here: Can we set the Taycan to charge at a specific time of night (at home) when the cost of electricity is at its cheapest? I have a "smartmeter" at home, and the price of electricity during the day / early evening, is much more than during the late night (non-peak) hours. I'd love to plug it in when I get home from work and then know it will charge for 4 hours from 1:30 to 5:30 (or something like that).

Last edited:

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I asked somewhere else here on TaycanForum, but I should have asked here: Can we set the Taycan to charge at a specific time of night (at home) when the cost of electricity is at its cheapest? I have a "smartmeter" at home, and the price of electricity during the day / early evening, is much more than during the late night (non-peak) hours. I'd love to plug it in when I get home from work and then know it will charge for 4 hours from 1:30 to 5:30 (or something like that).
I think it’s possible because you got that function on Porsche e-hybrid...

Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A F6E1E3DB-0A58-4727-8735-EF9B4B573728

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Do you know if RSE will be a future option? Soft close doors also?
I saw RSE already on a production Taycan. So I don't have exact Information About additional Options in the future...but I'm Pretty sure These Things will come sooner or later.

Dear PAG_J1,
As you seem an expert in Taycan, I would like to know if Remote parking assist is available in Taycan as well as auto pilot.
Thx in advance
Yes, parking assist is available and also Auto Pilot in Terms of:
Porsche InnoDrive
Active lane guidance
Construction and narrow-joint chassis-tent
avoidance maneuver assistant
Crossing chassis-tent
overtaking assistant

Yes, with the Porsche Home Energy Manager(https://www.porsche.com/international/aboutporsche/e-performance/faq/):
Why do I need the Porsche Home Energy Manager?
The Porsche Home Energy Manager monitors the energy and power consumption in your home and thus enables the use of smart-charging functions. This involves automatically charging your vehicle as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. Smart charging works through intelligent consideration of your electricity tariff, your installed PV system and other current consumers in order to prevent overloading of your electrical circuit.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Do I need the Home Energy manager to remotely control my charge schedule or see my current charge level/progress?
I mean, do I need an option to remotely control my car/charging?
Or is that ready in there?
To work with the app Porsche Car connect?
I'm asking cuz I'm closing the "building" of my car at my dealer this week (for final order).

Last edited:

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Do I need the Home Energy manager to remotely control my charge schedule or see my current charge level/progress?
Or that already in there?
I'm asking cuz I'm closing the "building" of my car at my dealer this week (for final order).
I will go with the manager.. I blow the fuses in my house all the time.. I have an Porsche E-Hybrid now..

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Or is that ready in there?
To work with the app Porsche Car connect?
Sorry I can't help you with such specific questions.
I'm sure your Porsche customer Consultant can help you out.
Sponsored