Taycan refesh with updated tech alongside the Macan?

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
Anyone else thinking Porsche will make a major refresh to the Taycan, in particular to the motor, battery, and range with the reported base specs of the Macan getting 603hp, 100kWh battery, and more range, at a cheaper price point?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Highly doubt that the base e-Macan will be 600+ HP unless Porsche is willing to give up on a price point for high volume.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anyone else thinking Porsche will make a major refresh to the Taycan, in particular to the motor, battery, and range with the reported base specs of the Macan getting 603hp, 100kWh battery, and more range, at a cheaper price point?
Unlikely and not how the Porsche family works. There is a pecking order and the Macan sits somewhere down the tree

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s going to be a lot heavier, so it’ll need more hp, and hp is really cheap to add to EV. I could see 600hp!!! (only in overboost in launch control, otherwise 500 99.9% of the time) like the taycan TTS has 770hp! Lolz not really.

The Cayenne could easier do taycan levels and slot above a 500-600 Macan.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyway, no, a refreshed Taycan will come out after the macan launch. Porsche is an SUV company with a motorsports division. They won’t risk messing up the macan EV. It’s nearly existential

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I’m increasingly thinking the facelift might be pretty major. Things move a little faster in the EV space vs ICE, and I don’t think It would be acceptable for the Macan to be superior to the Taycan in terms of drivetrain and tech, hence the facelift scheduled for mid-2023.

OP
OP
goofysurfer

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
I’m increasingly thinking the facelift might be pretty major. Things move a little faster in the EV space vs ICE, and I don’t think It would be acceptable for the Macan to be superior to the Taycan in terms of drivetrain and tech, hence the facelift scheduled for mid-2023.
This is my thinking as well. And I understand that there's a pecking order in Porsche's lineup, like in the other comments. But there's also competition among other manufacturers that Porsche needs to keep up with as well.
Sponsored