Taycan screen durability

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
Hi! It's been a month now, and I mean to put in a detailed post with experience soon. I love this car. My wife is primary driver.

Since many of you own Taycan since a longer time then me, maybe even years, how are the screens holding up?

There is a screen protector set on suncoast. Also PPF guy who did full body, said he can put some over it. My fear there is that PPF is harder to self remove. Also in both cases, protector or PPF, maybe we lose original finish of screens, the shine.

I am only concerned with center console much. Maybe the pcm and primary as well.

I am inclined to just keep a camera lens pen to brush off dirt, and use a good screen cleaner and soft cloth.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Hi! It's been a month now, and I mean to put in a detailed post with experience soon. I love this car. My wife is primary driver.

Since many of you own Taycan since a longer time then me, maybe even years, how are the screens holding up?

There is a screen protector set on suncoast. Also PPF guy who did full body, said he can put some over it. My fear there is that PPF is harder to self remove. Also in both cases, protector or PPF, maybe we lose original finish of screens, the shine.

I am only concerned with center console much. Maybe the pcm and primary as well.

I am inclined to just keep a camera lens pen to brush off dirt, and use a good screen cleaner and soft cloth.
I keep a microfiber cloth in the glove box. Screens look new after almost 1 year. The screen protectors seem like they should help reduce the amount of fingerprints but you don't NEED them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
neo402

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I keep a microfiber cloth in the glove box. Screens look new after almost 1 year. The screen protects seem like they should help reduce the amount of fingerprints but your don't NEED them.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am fine with finger prints, have a weekend ritual to clean the car. And yes do keep a small spray and micro fiber in glove box just like you.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am fine with finger prints, have a weekend ritual to clean the car. And yes do keep a small spray and micro fiber in glove box just like you.
BTW... congrats on your car. I don't see it listed in your signature or profile. What did you get?

OP
OP
neo402

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BTW... congrats on your car. I don't see it listed in your signature or profile. What did you get?
Thanks! Updated profile. 23 RWD. Frozen blue. PB+. Premium, tech package, air suspension. And few more. Only thing Wonder is if should have taken RAS, for 90 degree parking, but so far wife seems to be able to adapt well to this big car on turning.

It's an absolute joy to drive. RWD more then enough for city driving in Raleigh, North Carolina area. We live in Cary nearby. Home charging with provided charger is working fine at around 8.7 kw.

Found that self parking only works when between two cars. And strange brake noises at times when turn at standstill, dealer says it's high performance brakes and normal.

Full PPF. Also took exterior & interior Armorall by dealer - the lifetime warranty seemed too good to pass, especially for the interior. And also bought the wheel protection package, and punctures etc for 5 years are covered. This area has lot of construction, getting new tires each time a nail gets in, not good.

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! Updated profile. 23 RWD. Frozen blue. PB+. Premium, tech package, air suspension. And few more. Only thing Wonder is if should have taken RAS, for 90 degree parking, but so far wife seems to be able to adapt well to this big car on turning.

It's an absolute joy to drive. RWD more then enough for city driving in Raleigh, North Carolina area. We live in Cary nearby. Home charging with provided charger is working fine at around 8.7 kw.

Found that self parking only works when between two cars. And strange brake noises at times when turn at standstill, dealer says it's high performance brakes and normal.

Full PPF. Also took interior Armorall by dealer - the lifetime warranty seemed too good to pass. And also bought the wheel protection package, and punctures etc for 5 years are covered. This area has lot of construction, getting new tires each time a nail gets in, not good.
Very nice. I used to live in NC so I'm familiar with where you live. I always used to love visiting that area from Charlotte.

OP
OP
neo402

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very nice. I used to live in NC so I'm familiar with where you live. I always used to love visiting that area from Charlotte.
Amazing!! Yes it's a nice place. I have also lived in Los Angeles area earlier for 14 years. In NC since 8 years.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I keep a microfiber cloth in the glove box. Screens look new after almost 1 year. The screen protects seem like they should help reduce the amount of fingerprints but your don't NEED them.
+1
After two years & 32k kms, all screens (inclusing passenger’s) are as new. Using same microfiber as for glasses.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I wouldn’t expect any protection would be needed, I won’t be applying any. However this looks an interesting product. It’s a paid promotion video and I have no connection, but could be a good product if you do want something:

The antireflective one could be interesting though.

OP
OP
neo402

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wouldn’t expect any protection would be needed, I won’t be applying any. However this looks an interesting product. It’s a paid promotion video and I have no connection, but could be a good product if you do want something:

The antireflective one could be interesting though.
Interesting, it's almost like a PPF.

OP
OP
neo402

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
+1
After two years & 32k kms, all screens (inclusing passenger’s) are as new. Using same microfiber as for glasses.
Awesome! And good to know 2 years and car is going strong. I love it.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Got a screen film after 2 weeks. The amount of fingerprints was unbearable. Best choice so far. Never had to wipe the screen again.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Brotec. You’ll lose the shiny screen effect but after day 2 you will never notice it again. Or at least I didn’t and do not regret it. I have got the same brotec on my Vw caravelle. However the caravelle needs a good press of the screen to work. On the Taycan the pressure you apply is the same, with the film or without.

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag