LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
There's a small cruise-in car show held in a nearby town once a month and I took the Taycan to it in September. As expected, it generated a lot of interest and a lot of common questions. In preparation for the show this month, and to save me from answering the same questions 1000 times (you know the ones: What is it? Is it powerful? What's the range?, How do you charge it? etc...), I made up a little display sign. I thought I would share it here to see if anyone had any suggestions or feedback, or in a case anyone wanted to use it too. I've added it as a PDF attachment to this post.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Show Sign 1603853503064

All comments appreciated!

Brent

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
LonePalmBJ

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, if you want to be technical, it isn't their first all electric vehicle. That was the P1 with a range of 49 miles.
Oh, you're that guy. I can be that guy too: I said it was Porsche's (the company, as indicated by the logotype and shield) first electric vehicle, and that is objectively true. :)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
There's a small cruise-in car show held in a nearby town once a month and I took the Taycan to it in September. As expected, it generated a lot of interest and a lot of common questions. In preparation for the show this month to save me from answering the same questions 1000 times (you know the ones: What is it? Is it powerful? What's the range?, How do you charge it? etc...), I made up a little display sign. I thought I would share it here to see if anyone had any suggestions or feedback, or in a case anyone wanted to use it too. I've added it as a PDF attachment to this post.

View attachment 10016

Brent
Perfect

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh, you're that guy. I can be that guy too: I said it was Porsche's (the company, as indicated by the logotype and shield) first electric vehicle, and that is objectively true. :)
You said it was Porsche's first electric car. His first electric car was the P1.

Since you can be that guy too, if you wanted to precisely refer to the company you should have said it was Dr.-Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG's first car ;) Using a crest and logotype doesn't that much since they can change over time - the crest didn't come out until the 1950s.

I only mention this point since it is a fun discussion to have with people who are new to EVs to point out that EVs were around in the late 1800's.

Lastly, it is widely termed as the first Porsche

https://www.theverge.com/2014/1/28/5354112/porsche-first-vehicle-found-after-116-years-electric-p1

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
There's a small cruise-in car show held in a nearby town once a month and I took the Taycan to it in September. As expected, it generated a lot of interest and a lot of common questions. In preparation for the show this month to save me from answering the same questions 1000 times (you know the ones: What is it? Is it powerful? What's the range?, How do you charge it? etc...), I made up a little display sign. I thought I would share it here to see if anyone had any suggestions or feedback, or in a case anyone wanted to use it too. I've added it as a PDF attachment to this post.

View attachment 10016

Brent
Brent,

Where is the group heading this month?

OP
OP
LonePalmBJ

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brent,

Where is the group heading this month?
The car show that inspired the sign isn't happening again until March; they take the winter off. There's a bunch of others around and I may visit one next weekend. I like being around car people.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Well, if you want to be technical, it isn't their first all electric vehicle. That was the P1 with a range of 49 miles.
I guess it is a very fine line, but the first electric Porsche may never have been offered to the market?

Here is how Porsche themselves introduce the Taycan.

And it is a very good description of the car OP has done as well.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Show Sign 6F94CAA6-E45C-4F04-BF46-D560A4748FAD

OP
OP
LonePalmBJ

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please post PowerPoint so we can use and change car color!
Sure thing. It's actually a Word doc. See attached. The only font used is Century Gothic, which should be a default installed typeface. The Porsche logo and Taycan script are images. I had to upload it as a Zip file, as the Forum software doesn't seem to allow native Word files.

Attachments

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Brent, sign looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. One thing - shouldn't the 479 ft-lb of torque be "lb-ft"

OP
OP
LonePalmBJ

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brent, sign looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. One thing - shouldn't the 479 ft-lb of torque be "lb-ft"
TIL ft-lb and lb-ft are not the same thing.

You are correct; I had been using the terms interchangeably, but the correct measurement for torque is lb-ft. I have some updating to do... and done. Files and images above have been corrected. Thanks @HelfFL !
Sponsored

Last edited: