First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Hi all
I’m getting my car next Thursday, having given my panamera back today.
My old car had Porsche Car connect - an app that tracked my car and was linked to my telematics Vodafone service linked to two fobs and two keys.

I am unclear what’s the service I should get for the taycan. I understand it’s not done by Vodafone.

Can any one give me an idea of cost and what exactly it does.
I think my insurance (admiral) will require a tracker.
Is this suitable?
Sponsored

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
To my knowledge it’s still a service via Vodafone and you make a fresh subscription. It meets all the standards of insurers and of course is a straightforward pairing at your dealer just as you mention for the Panamera.
Unexpired subscription has some nominal value to the dealer for selling on as the sub is only renewed after the anniversary of each annual period. PVTS is the Porsche title for the system. (Porsche servers in Berlin were flaky when I collected my Taycan and I had to proceed home and get the pairing completed after handover - minor hassle - but as you say, it’s a requirement of most insurers abd I expect to be required for my replacement Turbo Taycan due in a couple of months.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
In UK/Ireland its still Vodafone but its integrated into the overall Porsche Connect app. No longer have to use that ancient Vodafone developed one that hasn't been upgraded since the iPhone 5 came out.

As part of signup – you'll be able to download a PDF certificate showing activation for your insurer.

Don't sign up for the service until your dealer has coded the fob's to your actual car!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all
I’m getting my car next Thursday, having given my panamera back today.
My old car had Porsche Car connect - an app that tracked my car and was linked to my telematics Vodafone service linked to two fobs and two keys.

I am unclear what’s the service I should get for the taycan. I understand it’s not done by Vodafone.

Can any one give me an idea of cost and what exactly it does.
I think my insurance (admiral) will require a tracker.
Is this suitable?
Porsche Car Connect is now Porsche Connect App (different).

Have you specified Porsche Vehicle Tracking (PVTS+) - if so then you'll get 2 fobs as normal but you'll need to activate your subscription once you have the new car. Details on My Porsche website where you'll see your specific car / VIN and all services that are available to you.

Exact same service as you had with your Panamera but the app is different. Mechanics of setting it up etc the same.

Service is Vodafone as before.

Same security rating - Thatcham Cat 1 (from memory)

Last edited:
OP
OP

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
thanks guys. i've got the app loaded and eagerly awaiting collection this thursday.
Sponsored