OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
After having 10 months to be fully assured I knew what my build was, after being told you have a week to confirm spec, I'm now deliberating a change of wheels!

have the 20" turbo areos spec'd but been the green eye'd monster looking at the 21 Spyders! Rationale was presumed comfort with the 20" (its a 4S so have air suspension) but everyone says the ride on 21"'s is great.

also now need to have the conversation with Lex on the price increase this year and impact on the original quote.
Sponsored

MambaScot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Mercedes S500
Country flag
After having 10 months to be fully assured I knew what my build was, after being told you have a week to confirm spec, I'm now deliberating a change of wheels!

have the 20" turbo areos spec'd but been the green eye'd monster looking at the 21 Spyders! Rationale was presumed comfort with the 20" (its a 4S so have air suspension) but everyone says the ride on 21"'s is great.

also now need to have the conversation with Lex on the price increase this year and impact on the original quote.
Congratulations on getting your build slot!

I've also spec'd the 20" Turbo Aero wheels, however the 21" Spyders look really good. Out of interest, what paint colour have you gone for? Given Mamba Green is no longer available, I'm likely to switch to Gentian Blue.

Please do update us on the price increase. I've noticed optional extra's have also increased in price since my order last year. At this rate, i'll end up with solid white and base alloys :)

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Congratulations on getting your build slot!

I've also spec'd the 20" Turbo Aero wheels, however the 21" Spyders look really good. Out of interest, what paint colour have you gone for? Given Mamba Green is no longer available, I'm likely to switch to Gentian Blue.

Please do update us on the price increase. I've noticed optional extra's have also increased in price since my order last year. At this rate, i'll end up with solid white and base alloys :)
Ice Grey all the way.. not had a light coloured car in over 12 years now so good to go back. You really to have to see it in the flesh as it looks gorgeous.. pictures are deceiving, making it look 'white'

I popped into my local dealer just to take a look at the wheels again and going with the Spyders. The had them on an Ice Grey Turbo (though it also had the carbon pack) and they looked stunning. Have to say it was hard decision as the Turbo Aeros really do look good I the flesh too! The Spyders just make it look that little bit more meaner!

r.e. Price increase.. I spoke to Lex this morning and they've confirmed that it would only be the Porsche price increase that would be passed on. They will honour the interest rates and maintenance etc agreed in the original price when ordered.

Lex don't have the 75th Anniversary Pack on their systems yet, so they're not able to fully issue a re-quote. I need to confirm spec with Porsche, who will then let Lex know and they'll workout the re-quote.

I had the contents of the pack individually spec'd, so by selecting the 75 pack, it's reduced the price by a little over £1300.. so the addition of the Spyders "only" means £400 more than what I was expecting... man maths will always win!

going to do the final check on spec tonight and email the dealers in advance of the 30th lock-in... then the count down begins!

also not yet seeing anything car related on the my Porsche app yet... hoping once the fix date hits, I'll start getting more through.. no PEC invite yet either

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-max-1mb.gif

I'm in absolute shock!

"Hope all is well. Porsche have allocated a November build for your Taycan 4S order demand, therefore estimated delivery to you is around December 2023."

need to lock in by 30th!

1692802688661.jpeg
Boom 💥

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Can anyone confirm when they were able to see (or get from SA) their VIN?

I had to lock in my order as of 30th Aug but yet to receive any "tracking" emails (as limited as it is), no association with myPorsche nor any PEC invites etc. Only been told that factory completion date is 3rd Nov so assume it starts build a few weeks before then.

Have asked the dealers but they don't seem to know/care about it as its outside their control.

Saw that @Porsche-Guru has a similar-ish position and was able to see more once VIN was added.

have asked the SA but got an out of office for the next week.

really want to see those build photos when the time comes! :D

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Bump…… am interested in replies to Jins post above………anyone?

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Can anyone confirm when they were able to see (or get from SA) their VIN?

I had to lock in my order as of 30th Aug but yet to receive any "tracking" emails (as limited as it is), no association with myPorsche nor any PEC invites etc. Only been told that factory completion date is 3rd Nov so assume it starts build a few weeks before then.

Have asked the dealers but they don't seem to know/care about it as its outside their control.

Saw that @Porsche-Guru has a similar-ish position and was able to see more once VIN was added.

have asked the SA but got an out of office for the next week.

really want to see those build photos when the time comes! :D
Hey @Jin - the first I saw my VIN was when the car turned up on the trailer! Although admittedly I had never asked the dealer for it. Can you drop your dealer a note and see whether they're happy to share it with you, they can only say No!?!

Regarding the PEC booking, I found out Porsche didn't have my email address - they had sent the invite to my company's scheme mailbox and it had never been passed on. If you ask your dealer for your factory order number (should start BPxxxxxxxx), you can then phone the PEC centre yourself and book it in. Its all quite seemless, which considering everything else....... ;-)

I also changed my wheels to the Spyders when I had to lock in and so so so glad I did - they are amazing looking wheels!!

I realised earlier I hadn't ever posted a pic either - so random pic dropped in now post wash!

Porsche Taycan UK Lease/Salary Sacrifice Order Tracker IMG_3188 (1)

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Hey @Jin - the first I saw my VIN was when the car turned up on the trailer! Although admittedly I had never asked the dealer for it. Can you drop your dealer a note and see whether they're happy to share it with you, they can only say No!?!

Regarding the PEC booking, I found out Porsche didn't have my email address - they had sent the invite to my company's scheme mailbox and it had never been passed on. If you ask your dealer for your factory order number (should start BPxxxxxxxx), you can then phone the PEC centre yourself and book it in. Its all quite seemless, which considering everything else....... ;-)

I also changed my wheels to the Spyders when I had to lock in and so so so glad I did - they are amazing looking wheels!!

I realised earlier I hadn't ever posted a pic either - so random pic dropped in now post wash!

IMG_3188 (1).jpeg
thanks for the reply! I’ve asked my S.A. if the vin is available but he’s out of office atm.. will see what they come back with.

I see you were with Lex\Cambridge too so they’ve probably done similar for me! How did you find out that they had your Porsche had the company mailbox instead?

thanks for the tip on PEC too… will ask for the order details.

Ps - your car Looks great!

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
thanks for the reply! I’ve asked my S.A. if the vin is available but he’s out of office atm.. will see what they come back with.

I see you were with Lex\Cambridge too so they’ve probably done similar for me! How did you find out that they had your Porsche had the company mailbox instead?

thanks for the tip on PEC too… will ask for the order details.

Ps - your car Looks great!
Thanks!! Keeping things crossed that your dates hold now, definitely exciting times!

When I called the PEC to book in they told me they’d mailed me like 6-9 months ago to arrange, at which point I found out the email address problems.
Good luck!

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Hi All.

Firstly @EVGuy101 your car looks amazing... I am looking at that with Envy.. Hope it's been going ok for you and no doubt the forum has helped with anything you needed some intel on as it a pretty amazing wiki!!. With respect to the VIN, I am sure the dealer will provide this, and it looks like it should be available a week or two before build completion. Mine is due to be completed on the 15th Oct, so I was planning on emailing Cambs beginning of October to try and get the info.

Annoyingly, still no confirmed price - the 25th Anniversary pack seems to have blown Lex's minds but no doubt they will be keen to resolve this at some point.

On a totally side topic, but one that has huge amount of discussion is the charging. I do quite a lot of miles and intend to change to Octopus Intelligent (currently on go), but every time I look to see how this works with the Taycan I see a different response, but appreciate a lot is subject to peoples bespoke requirements and type of charger.

I have Zappi and want use OI, ready to leave every week day at 7am with a max changer set to 85% and the other one at 25%. Not sure if I need to set profiles, some say you do, others say you don't. I think the Zappi needs to be set to fast charge, but not entirely sure. Other have forced a charge at set hours, but Octopus have emailed me and said that won't be utilising OI therefore won't be subject to the cheaper tariff..🙈

I'd love to get this sorted before I pick up the car as I don't want to be stressing on the day of collection when my brain will be in overload anyway.

I'll probably set another thread up nearer the time to see if anyone has worked out something that meets what I need.

Lets keep everything crossed all the dates hold....

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Hi All.

Firstly @EVGuy101 your car looks amazing... I am looking at that with Envy.. Hope it's been going ok for you and no doubt the forum has helped with anything you needed some intel on as it a pretty amazing wiki!!. With respect to the VIN, I am sure the dealer will provide this, and it looks like it should be available a week or two before build completion. Mine is due to be completed on the 15th Oct, so I was planning on emailing Cambs beginning of October to try and get the info.

Annoyingly, still no confirmed price - the 25th Anniversary pack seems to have blown Lex's minds but no doubt they will be keen to resolve this at some point.

On a totally side topic, but one that has huge amount of discussion is the charging. I do quite a lot of miles and intend to change to Octopus Intelligent (currently on go), but every time I look to see how this works with the Taycan I see a different response, but appreciate a lot is subject to peoples bespoke requirements and type of charger.

I have Zappi and want use OI, ready to leave every week day at 7am with a max changer set to 85% and the other one at 25%. Not sure if I need to set profiles, some say you do, others say you don't. I think the Zappi needs to be set to fast charge, but not entirely sure. Other have forced a charge at set hours, but Octopus have emailed me and said that won't be utilising OI therefore won't be subject to the cheaper tariff..🙈

I'd love to get this sorted before I pick up the car as I don't want to be stressing on the day of collection when my brain will be in overload anyway.

I'll probably set another thread up nearer the time to see if anyone has worked out something that meets what I need.

Lets keep everything crossed all the dates hold....
there was a couple of videos which helped explain OI to me which are worth a watch.. also explains some of the completixies which might arise with solar and/or battery systems at home too

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
also been reading some of the myEnergi forums and looks like they're in a closed testing for Zappi integration with OI.. hopefully that means a better experience coming soon.

have to say it's great having all the solar, battery and Zappi (install tomorrow) in a single app is a much better experience than the separate ones I had previously.. hopefully its then a case of prioritising the Zappi or Libbi battery during the cheap tariff window

Porsche Taycan UK Lease/Salary Sacrifice Order Tracker E71E2EF7-8201-4BE6-8417-C70EFFE1EF8B_1_201_a

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Yeah I do love all this stuff. Tech is amazing when it works, so fingers crossed the Zappi and OI start to integrate bit better going forward. Although on OG, which is just a timed period at the discount rate it does work perfectly.

MambaScot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Mercedes S500
Country flag
So, I have an update :clap:

A few weeks ago, I decided to contact my supplying dealer to get an update on my order, as my Lex Driver Portal was still showing delivery for "December 2023" which was highly unlikely, as I didn't have an allocation let alone a build slot!

Usual conversation ensued, with the dealer advising Taycan RWD allocations to the UK were less than anticipated, expected Q1 / Q2 2024 etc. Typically, the conversation would end there, but this time, the dealer offered to check the availability of "in stock" vehicles, which may suit my requirements.

This would have been unthinkable a few months / years ago, but perhaps an indication of where the market is heading...

My supplying dealer had two cars in stock (brand new, cancelled orders) which were offered to me. One of these was almost identical to my chosen specification, with the exception of the colour; it was black and I had originally selected Mamba Green, then switched to Gentian Blue when Mamba was discontinued.

A few calls and emails back and forth between myself, Porsche and Lex and within 24 hours of my original call, the car was booked in for delivery to my home address for the following week.

I must say, Porsche and Lex were fantastic throughout the process, with excellent comms at all stages.

On Friday, I took delivery of the car and could not be happier! Terrible picture included, we have had biblical rain showers in Scotland over the weekend so haven't been able to really enjoy launch it :facepalm:

My advice: if you are still patiently waiting for your allocation, try speaking to your supplying dealer, they may have a few cancelled orders lying around!

Porsche Taycan UK Lease/Salary Sacrifice Order Tracker IMG_0306

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
So, I have an update :clap:

A few weeks ago, I decided to contact my supplying dealer to get an update on my order, as my Lex Driver Portal was still showing delivery for "December 2023" which was highly unlikely, as I didn't have an allocation let alone a build slot!

Usual conversation ensued, with the dealer advising Taycan RWD allocations to the UK were less than anticipated, expected Q1 / Q2 2024 etc. Typically, the conversation would end there, but this time, the dealer offered to check the availability of "in stock" vehicles, which may suit my requirements.

This would have been unthinkable a few months / years ago, but perhaps an indication of where the market is heading...

My supplying dealer had two cars in stock (brand new, cancelled orders) which were offered to me. One of these was almost identical to my chosen specification, with the exception of the colour; it was black and I had originally selected Mamba Green, then switched to Gentian Blue when Mamba was discontinued.

A few calls and emails back and forth between myself, Porsche and Lex and within 24 hours of my original call, the car was booked in for delivery to my home address for the following week.

I must say, Porsche and Lex were fantastic throughout the process, with excellent comms at all stages.

On Friday, I took delivery of the car and could not be happier! Terrible picture included, we have had biblical rain showers in Scotland over the weekend so haven't been able to really enjoy launch it :facepalm:

My advice: if you are still patiently waiting for your allocation, try speaking to your supplying dealer, they may have a few cancelled orders lying around!

IMG_0306.jpg
You’re going to have to change that username!
Congrats on the car! Was there any indication on what stock they had? Was it just RWDs you discussed?