OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
….and so, the time has arrived, told I can pick up this Thursday from Cambridge Porsche, just waiting for time confirmation.

Nice touch from Zenith that not only can I pick up from the dealer instead of home delivery, but they have set up that I can drop off my mode x at Cambridge Porsche and literary jump from old car to new car which is just the cherry on the cake.

Only negative, Porsche bike carriers are on back order….🙄
So clearly you're too busy trying to know your new car but so let us know how it’s going and how the collection went!

enjoy!

Edit: and photos too!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Lol @Jin

So…..am on my second day of ownership, pick-up was very smooth from Cambridge Porsche, made even better with Zenith organising so that I could hand over the Model X and get straight into my Taycan.

Was happy with the Carmine Red and the black satin wheels plus all other parts/accents also in black. Also with the Chalk Beige interior.

Porsche Taycan UK Lease/Salary Sacrifice Order Tracker IMG_0350

Bonus surprise was that my Porsche bike carrier turned up that morning and they were literally unpacking their shipment whilst I was shown around the car and set up. It fitted easily (folded) into the boot with seats down.

Took a little while to learn the new Taycan system and adjust ready for my 200 mile return to home.

A quick ‘first impression’, Taycan if without doubt a driver focused vehicle, the quality feel very evident and is definitely a stand out when coming straight out of the model x ……. everything on/in the Taycan just feels well put together and solid.

Tech……this I will have to go into more detail at a later date once I got fully transitioned and used to the Taycan, as expected with 3 years in a Tesla and then into a Taycan, there will be a new learning curve.

Key points from my journey home:
  • Getting in, not as low as my previous 911 or Boxster - great surprise for aging body 🥸
  • Sitting position felt right and was very quick/easy to get used to from the higher seating position of the X
  • Steering wheel, although i spec’d Chrono with sporty wheel, it seem thin where I was expecting a more fuller/thicker steering wheel
  • Noted first hic-up, had stop watch centre dial in stead of compass, will deal with that later, not a biggy
  • 14 way seat with heat air and massage - simply brilliant and supportive
  • Was easy to just set off and drive, felt ‘familiar’ - testament to Porsche‘s ergonomics to driver focus
  • Drive - yup it grips and corners like it’s on rails, still getting used to the extra sharp turn in with 4 wheel steer
  • Driver modes, all very easy to select/use via the Chrono selector on the steering wheel, the feedback from easy setting is very distinctive
  • Sports Plus setting is an eye opener with how responsive the throttle is and firmer suspension
  • Speed, definitely more established and seemed quicker than the X but diff cars so not really much else to say
  • Driver aids, they work differently to was I have used over the last three years so need more time before I rate or compare them
  • oh nearly forgot, glass roof with electronic shades - nice and works well

Feeling after the 200 miles home, big grins, love the ’shooting brake’ look’, happy with the spec/options, finding any excuse to get in and drive….all the usual new car traits.

i think that covers most things for now 😎

Last edited:

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've just had confirmation from my Wilmslow dealer that my 4S will be delivered today!

Octopus EV had held up the payment for almost 2 weeks with the car sat at the dealers, but finally they have paid and I should get an early Christmas present.

13 months end to end, what a journey - can't wait to see it / drive it finally!!!

I'm ignoring all the bad press re dropping values - if I'm happy that's all that counts right!

Merry Christmas and hope everyone waiting gets in their cars soon!

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've just had confirmation from my Wilmslow dealer that my 4S will be delivered today!

Octopus EV had held up the payment for almost 2 weeks with the car sat at the dealers, but finally they have paid and I should get an early Christmas present.

13 months end to end, what a journey - can't wait to see it / drive it finally!!!

I'm ignoring all the bad press re dropping values - if I'm happy that's all that counts right!

Merry Christmas and hope everyone waiting gets in their cars soon!
Congrats... Nice Christmas present !

Enjoy it over the holiday break. You might get some empty roads.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
Mine is being delivered on 27th so can't wait. Two years from order to delivery ... better be worth the wait!