Taycan Turbo S damage

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If you have a loan on the car, or if you are leasing, the amount owed to the holder of the loan (or the leasor) may at times be less than the depreciated market value of the car. So now assume you have an accident where the car is totaled. In that case you might get reimbursed for less than the amount owed to the lender. In that case Gap Insurance picks up the difference.

In many States in the US, Gap Insurance is mandatory on all leases.
Worth noting that this only works if you have a loan/lease in the USA. It sounds like in UK you can get a gap insurance even if you own the car, and it can be insured up to the value of a new car. In the past I always had a large enough down payment on my cars which I financed, so that gap insurance never made sense (since in the US it only covers the gap between the replacement value and owed amount, not replacement value and new car). There used to be a few car insurance companies in the US a while back which advertised "if you total your car in the first two years of ownership, we buy you a new one" but I have not heard those adverts in a long time.
Sponsored

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hello all, This is my first time posting on the forum. I've been following the forum for a while. Unfortunately my first post is a nasty one.

I had an accident with my Taycan Turbo S and am wondering if the damage can be repaired. I ran into the back of a car and damaged the front of the Taycan. I'm worried about the chassis and the brakes. I braked really hard, but the weight of the Taycan was too much. The car did not stop in time. Airbags did not deploy.

What do you think? Can it be repaired? What do you think of the marks on the ceramic brakes? They looked like mirrors before, but now I see black streaks. Will that disappear again?

IMG_2683.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2684.jpeg
Maybe a stupid question but were you on summer tires or winter ? Temperatures are getting colder and a proper tire set (vs temperature) should help you tremendously stop faster.

OP
OP

Sharky114

First Name
Henk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Maybe a stupid question but were you on summer tires or winter ? Temperatures are getting colder and a proper tire set (vs temperature) should help you tremendously stop faster.
I think you are right. The car has summer tires. I think it definitely would have Made a difference. Another wise lesson for me.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think you are right. The car has summer tires. I think it definitely would have Made a difference. Another wise lesson for me.
I have also the Pzero on summer tires R21 and they are VERY soft. When the temperature drops they become much harder and lose of their grip when speeding but also braking. It makes a big difference, especially with the weight of the car. Like you said, wise lesson learned :(

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
General rule of thumb, don't drive on summer tires at temperatures under 8C (46F). You can check the specifications for the particular tire you use, but all summer tires have compound which hardens and becomes less and less grippy in the cold (or as some would say "turns into glass").

The cost of keeping winter tires is primarily just the second set of wheels, since having winter tires just spreads the wear over two sets of tires instead of one. Changing is fairly quick, especially if you just swap them yourself in your garage at home. It takes the Taycan just a few miles to learn new TPMS sensors. You also set the tire type you have in the PCM.
Sponsored