Taycan - Worth the Wait?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Are you looking for a Turbo CT? If so, one of the dealers that I have my name on tred to upsell me on an allocation he has *now* for one. I didnt want it because I want a GTS ST. If you would like his info, I can PM you.

f.
Yes please. PM me which dealer and perhaps contact info of who you talked to.
Sponsored

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
No Cars worth this wait at this price tag - In meantime I wait mine 5 months (received complete) not really that bad considering some reading...and still not have Alarm fix...waiting list for the parts...

And

I do not regret it (as to day)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If I don’t get allocation in next few months, I’ll just give up on the wait n get a pre build ones. It won’t be how I like it but at least I would have one to cruise around with
Yea, my enthusiasm for Porsche is slowly waning. I wanted the Taycan because it drives great, but seems Porsche selling point is turning out to be more about exclusivity - their cars are rare because they are expensive and extremely hard to buy. I fully realize that is a selling point to some people who want drive a car which other people cannot get their hands on. Personally I couldn't care less how many of them are driving around, I might even prefer if there was a ton of them, as that would mean better debugged designs, a higher development budget, better spare parts supply chain, cheaper parts (and probably cars too). Oh well, we'll see how long I last, which will likely highly depend on if I can get my hands on an alternative car, such as EQS AMG, before Porsche gets me an allocation.

Last edited:

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Now near 10,000 Km and took delivery of my 4S CT and I have absolutely no regrets after a 9 months wait.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
Absolutely worth the wait! I have had mine for a month now and look for reasons to drive it! Haven’t felt that way about a car in quite a while.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Absolutely worth the wait! I have had mine for a month now and look for reasons to drive it! Haven’t felt that way about a car in quite a while.
Nice - Assuming thats your GTS ST in the avatar? Hot!

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea, my enthusiasm for Porsche is slowly waning. I wanted the Taycan because it drives great, but seems Porsche selling point is turning out to be more about exclusivity - their cars are rare because they are expensive and extremely hard to buy. I fully realize that is a selling point to some people who want drive a car which other people cannot get their hands on. Personally I couldn't care less how many of them are driving around, I might even prefer if there was a ton of them, as that would mean better debugged designs, a higher development budget, better spare parts supply chain, cheaper parts (and probably cars too). Oh well, we'll see how long I last, which will likely highly depend on if I can get my hands on an alternative car, such as EQS AMG, before Porsche gets me an allocation.
"I might even prefer if there was a ton of them, as that would mean better debugged designs, a higher development budget, better spare parts supply chain, cheaper parts (and probably cars too)."

I couldn't agree more ! I was so enthusiastic about the car when it was presented, the Mission E. I was in with a deposit on day 1. I bought a Panamera Hybrid same day as a "bridge" to when the Taycan would be delivered. I had a launch car, and I loved it.....until it made me hate it. To your point, they weren't ready with all the software bugs and all the recalls that the car has had. It's a fabulous driving car. But so many of the reliability and electronic issues made it unbearable to keep.

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
A thousand times YES! Had my frozen blue little number for a few weeks now and I almost purr when I get into it. It’s beautiful to behold, brilliant to drive and attracts admiring looks, and comments, from all sorts of people, including three schoolgirls who gave me the thumbs up as I drove past them last week. Sheer bliss … defo worth my wait of several months! Your patience will be handsomely rewarded 😇

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
I am super satisfied except for the quality of manufacturing.
Sound rattling inside the car drives me nuts.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
An easy yes

Absolutely love driving the car and regularly get thumbs up from other drivers. Only issue is its not my car but my wife's!

Im still in waiting for my car and thanks to a certain chap who has started a war, looks like ill be waiting quite a while...still it is definitely worth the wait!!!

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
An easy yes

Absolutely love driving the car and regularly get thumbs up from other drivers. Only issue is its not my car but my wife's!

Im still in waiting for my car and thanks to a certain chap who has started a war, looks like ill be waiting quite a while...still it is definitely worth the wait!!!
Nice - you will have two Taycans in the garage!
f.
Sponsored