Taycans in AZ - Group Drive

shannond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Never tr
Once you get few step forward it states this plate is not available for this fuel type
Never taken it to completion, but that makes sense.

I guess if you are really set on something other than the cloud plate, then this might be an option. I looked at it, but did not pursue based on the extra cost. Was not worth it to me. https://reviver.com/rplate/

nck

First Name
Naresh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi everyone. I have a Taycan on order at North Scottsdale Porsche with a delivery date in December. I wanted to ask if the group has any recommendations for a place to get Window Tints. Anything else I should add for AZ conditions?

xpo60rj

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi everyone. I have a Taycan on order at North Scottsdale Porsche with a delivery date in December. I wanted to ask if the group has any recommendations for a place to get Window Tints. Anything else I should add for AZ conditions?
Took mine to supremewrapsaz

shannond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Took mine to supremewrapsaz
Rogue Films. PPF highly recommended and ceramic on wheels.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
... updating an existing post for your consideration ...

Congratulations @nck ! I told my Sales Associate (SA) in Porsche Chandler that I was going to install clear front side markers and get window tint, paint protection film (PPF), and ceramic coating right after taking possession.

Much to my surprise, he said I can have that all done here before you pick up the car. The clear markers were $200 installed. After we worked out the specifics*, he quoted me the price and the warranties, and they were in line with other quotes I received. These "dealer-installed options" were added to the bill of sale, and I didn't have to worry about dings, chips, and bug splat on my first drive home.

Enjoy your new Taycan! Did Porsche North Scottsdale demand a surcharge? They wanted an extra US$20,000 in January 2022, so I switched to Porsche Chandler.

*Tint: darkness, name brand, %UV protection, %heat rejection, warranty (I did Xpel nano 35% $700 in June 2022) The darkest window tint permissible in Arizona is 33% on the rear and side windows.
PPF: whether to do front bumper, full-front, or full-body (I did Xpel Ultimate full-front $2000)
Full-body Ceramic: whether to do single or double-coat (I did double Opti-Coat $1800. Single was $1400.)

nck

First Name
Naresh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
... updating an existing post for your consideration ...

Congratulations @nck ! I told my Sales Associate (SA) in Porsche Chandler that I was going to install clear front side markers and get window tint, paint protection film (PPF), and ceramic coating right after taking possession.

Much to my surprise, he said I can have that all done here before you pick up the car. The clear markers were $200 installed. After we worked out the specifics*, he quoted me the price and the warranties, and they were in line with other quotes I received. These "dealer-installed options" were added to the bill of sale, and I didn't have to worry about dings, chips, and bug splat on my first drive home.

Enjoy your new Taycan! Did Porsche North Scottsdale demand a surcharge? They wanted an extra US$20,000 in January 2022, so I switched to Porsche Chandler.

*Tint: darkness, name brand, %UV protection, %heat rejection, warranty (I did Xpel nano 35% $700 in June 2022) The darkest window tint permissible in Arizona is 33% on the rear and side windows.
PPF: whether to do front bumper, full-front, or full-body (I did Xpel Ultimate full-front $2000)
Full-body Ceramic: whether to do single or double-coat (I did double Opti-Coat $1800. Single was $1400.)
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will see how much the dealer will quote for PPF and Tint. The car is actually for my wife, but I will be borrowing it often :). We did talk to Porsche Chandler but they did not have an allocation. North Scottsdale has stopped asking for a surcharge as of August (when we booked and put in a deposit). I would have waited if there was a surcharge, not going to pay more than MSRP.

Another question for the group, is there a way to track the status of the car once you hit the lock-in period? Our car was locked in on Sept 26th.
Sponsored