tesla to increase charging cost

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I won’t be surprised if the prices in the US will increase as well. The article references a cost of .06 per kWh. My coworker has a Model Y and just road tripped from CA to AZ and was paying $.53 per kWh at Tesla Superchargers. Not much different 😏

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This price increase is due to Putin’s war of aggression in Ukraine and the hampering of natural gas flowing from the USSR, sorry Russia, into Europe. I doubt we’ll see it in the US (yet), but you can definitely blame Putin for this one.

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
This price increase is due to Putin’s war of aggression in Ukraine and the hampering of natural gas flowing from the USSR, sorry Russia, into Europe. I doubt we’ll see it in the US (yet), but you can definitely blame Putin for this one.
Yes this stupid war makes me mad I just ordered a taycan and I bet it will be delayed a ton because of supply chain issues thanks a lot Putin (I’m not being serious about thanking Putin)

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
You’re right in that Europe’s costs are increasing right now due to that thug Putin. But you can bet you’re bottom dollar that the cost of driving an EV here in CA will be more in coming years than now. Musk has been happy to help HIS customers but when his network opens up to the public it will be a revenue stream that I can’t imagine he won’t take advantage of. Then there’s CA. They encourage and incentivize the purchase (not to mention banning new ICE vehicles by 2035) and along the way the State will lose gas tax money so they will absolutely tax EV’s more through various methods. The method(s) of which remain to be seen……. Higher registration fees? Supplemental purchase tax like the gas guzzler tax? Add a tax to public chargers? One way or another they’ll get their money 😝
Sponsored