Access to Tesla Superchargers and simple charging sessions

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
On my drive into work this morning, I found myself thinking about charging and access to all the different companies that provide public chargers. I don't know whether I would actively seek out a Tesla Supercharger rather than EA once that network opens, but I want the option.

My thought this morning as I passed all the different gas stations is that I have my preferred brand (Shell, if you must know) but I also like the ability to choose any other station along my path if the need arises. The same applies to charging. Once my free 30 minute EA charging runs out, I don't know who I'll prefer for road tripping, but I want the option to choose any available company and easily start a charge session.

I'm recently looking through different options for nacs to ccs AC adapters and I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually just for convenience. Similarly, I will gladly purchase the Porsche DC adapter if my Gen 1 is opened to Tesla Superchargers. I'd love everything to run through the native Porsche app but I'm willing to add a credit card once if plug & charge works after that.

Anyway, that's what was going through my head this morning. Give me access to all options on where to charge, make it easy to do without having to load 10 different apps, and I'll do the rest.

Or maybe I need to stop philosophizing on my drives.
Sponsored