The new Taycan has finally been revealed!

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The fact that they don't mind having their design heavily inspired by their "benchmark competition" tends to fool western observers. Having recently been to China and been in a number of Chinese EVs was eye opening.

(1) Unlike western OEMs, they quickly copy & then improve on what they see from Tesla in terms of software and other aspects. For example: HEPA filter (like tesla) but then also on-screen visualization of current outside air quality. Meanwhile, barely any western OEMs have even looked at the HEPA filter stuff (I think MB offering it as an option on their larger models is about it). Zeekr is first to market with a copy of Tesla's Gigacasting (they call it megacast, IIRC). Western OEMs spend their time laughing at Musk and then timidly copy in smaller increments.

(2) I would say in terms of pure EV tech, they are closest to Tesla, and ahead of most western OEMs.

(3) their quality is definitely much better than their reputation in the West would suggest, I would guesstimate roughly on par

(4) the price/perf is out of this world.

(5) seeing so many different brands and models on the road with interesting / different styling (though many strongly influenced by Audi/porsche/Tesla) is super refreshing. This is the same reason I like the Cybertruck: the landscape here has become so boring and you have to look twice to distinguish a BMW from a Lexus from the next near luxury CUV.

Porsche will be the last to feel the pain, since luxury brands are only in part about actual performance. But I think we'll see quite a few legacy OEMs in the west being caught in the cold when this hits Europe & US.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Competition is a good thing. Let 'em in and let the market decide, like with Vinfast
Unfortunately US either won't let these Chinese EVs in period, or would require heavy taxes which would make the prices much less appealing.

People can despise Chinese EVs all they want, but yeah let them in and let the market decide.

Grayblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'm only seeing minor differences with the headlights and front bumper. The side and rear look the same. Kind of surprised the changes are so minimal.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
There is a heavily determined edge on the front wing that takes away the Le Mans LMP style look from outside and a 911 ish view from the cockpit. 911 never ever has an edge on the front wing since the very beginning. Looking at the double bubbles is my favorite thing:blush: bubbles no need edges please.
Peter Varga the head designer of Porsche living not so far from my house when home, will have some discussions for sure. He always mentioned .2 is the hardest thing, since it is not a purpose by design but marketing.
Porsche Taycan The new Taycan has finally been revealed! facelifted-porsche-taycan-sport-turismo-spied-naked-in-a-winter-wonderland_1

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Talking about knock offs, saw this Chinese Jeep Wrangler driving around today in Abu Dhabi.

Porsche Taycan The new Taycan has finally been revealed! IMG_7155

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
At least of of Xiaome vents are real, unlike the Taycan Turbo S (and many lower trims optioned with fake vents).

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
At least of of Xiaome vents are real, unlike the Taycan Turbo S (and many lower trims optioned with fake vents).
Whatever do you mean? :D :blush:
Porsche Taycan The new Taycan has finally been revealed! 1000001646

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Whatever do you mean? :D :blush:
1000001646.jpg
That vent behind the above pictured charge port (on both front doors) is fake, no more functionality than a vinyl sticker vent you buy on ebay for $5 - decoration only. If that is your car and you don't believe me, go see if there if the vent is actually open to the wheel well. Then go find a Taycan with no powered charge port (in which this vent is in fact functional)....

Last edited: