These are the PERFECT set of wheels

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d be happy to trade my 20” Turbo wheels for 21” Mission E’s + cash if anyone has grown tired of 21s.
Sponsored

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
I am looking for this exactly! Thank you! Yes it is a chineese product as a lot of other OEM part :lipssealed: but seller seems to have good review and other brand model. How can we check if this is well forged?

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Let the buyer beware - folks have to read more carefully! There is no place in the description that indicates these wheels are forged with one exception - (Made) By REAL CNC FORGED T6061-T6 Aluminum

I remember in the late 50's and early 60's when Japan was where China is today. To combat being branded as "cheap", Japan renamed a city to "USA", that move fooled many people.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Funny that the seller does not show a picture of the wheels with tires AND on a Taycan. Plenty of pictures of the wheel............................
Porsche Taycan These are the PERFECT set of wheels FFDE6F9A-31BB-4C05-B919-BCBD6ED86195

Porsche Taycan These are the PERFECT set of wheels 4B7E6446-20A9-401B-AEE9-EA859539F6FB

Porsche Taycan These are the PERFECT set of wheels E592DD89-8A2D-489C-9C6B-1BF866FEAFD7

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here they are on my 22. Been running them for just over a year now.
I choose to keep a higher side profile tile rather than the low profile given our roads are not so great here in the NE.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Here they are on my 22. Been running them for just over a year now.
I choose to keep a higher side profile tile rather than the low profile given our roads are not so great here in the NE.
Well...............they don't look bad. Still kind of scratching my head why the seller does not advertise the wheels on a car. Just me thinking that showing an actual application would help buyers make a decision. Baring that though - nice car!👍

I have heard others say the same - almost all over the U.S - 'our roads are not so great'. I am not sure that ours in Texas are that much better but I have a 2021 with almost 14,000 miles and my Mission Es have not suffered even with the low profiles and frankly I am not that careful of a driver. An apex is an apex and if I need to use the shoulder for entry and/or exit so be it..............😜

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well...............they don't look bad. Still kind of scratching my head why the seller does not advertise the wheels on a car. Just me thinking that showing an actual application would help buyers make a decision. Baring that though - nice car!👍

I have heard others say the same - almost all over the U.S - 'our roads are not so great'. I am not sure that ours in Texas are that much better but I have a 2021 with almost 14,000 miles and my Mission Es have not suffered even with the low profiles and frankly I am not that careful of a driver. An apex is an apex and if I need to use the shoulder for entry and/or exit so be it..............😜
Thanks for your kind reply! Others have not been so kind when I shared my tires and rims.
As to the tires I had low profiles on my Audi TT and BWM and sadly had more than my fair share of blow outs so I went the safe route with these. They don’t look as good as a low profile but still love the rims and the look they give the car.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for your kind reply! Others have not been so kind when I shared my tires and rims.
As to the tires I had low profiles on my Audi TT and BWM and sadly had more than my fair share of blow outs so I went the safe route with these. They don’t look as good as a low profile but still love the rims and the look they give the car.
In the end, what matters is what you feel about it since you're the one looking and driving them every day.

If you're happy, then I'm happy for you.

I do totally get why you made that choice. You wanted 19'' because of comfort and by what you report, your bad roads but you also liked the the mission e. Porsche doesn't offer mission e in other sizes so not really an option.

Cost wise, you didn't save a dime considering the cost of the rims, transport, tpms sensors and possibly the tyres (unless you reused from previous). So, to me, clearly a case of stubborn taste rather than wanting to cheap out.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think they look pretty good for 19s (think I mentioned it previously too), certainly better than the factory 19 wheels.

@dmb, Bottom line is with china unbranded stuff it’s just a bit of a dice roll. I think most likely the wheels actually end up being fine for daily purposes - it seems @JRNJTAYCAN has had good luck with theirs. Probably wouldn’t be suited towards track work, but if you’re willing to take the small risk it could be a good option. FYI I’ve seen 20 inch versions of the chinese aftermarket mission e type wheels as well, and if I was going to go that route, it’d be my pick

As a side note, I don’t think the china manufacture part of it is the risky part, but rather the unbranded nature. A lot of quality cast, flow-formed, and forged wheels from reputable manufacturers make them in china

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
dhis is my daily driver and there are some bad roads on the way to work.
bad roads in Scotsdale, AZ, too?
falling rocks or discarded voting machines? :devil:

PS: I bought a no deductible wheel insurance plan for my OE 21s

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Scotsdale, AZ?

I know a guy from there.... Duane, is that you? 😅😁

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure about the wheels. But your garage is definitely cleaner and tidier than my house.
Thanks! The car is the same way. I have a three and half car garage that I treat like my living room. The only thing in the garage are my cars and one tool box. Nothing else!
Sponsored