Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks, it is heat rejection I am after not the tint. My car has the rear windows tinted and that is fine. But if you say you can feel a significant difference on your steering wheel now, that is what I would like to have. And I am going to look at the glass roof as well. I know when I came back after a few hours in over 30 degrees heat, the glass roof was very hot. Much warmer than I had expected with the optional glass etc.
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have my car outside again today. It looks like another hot day. I will report back on the steering wheel and the roof when I head out at the end of the day. If I find the same results today (day 2 - post tint installation), I think it is a thumbs up.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have my car outside again today. It looks like another hot day. I will report back on the steering wheel and the roof when I head out at the end of the day. If I find the same results today (day 2 - post tint installation), I think it is a thumbs up.
I don't doubt it is a great technology, but I was wondering if you had any data points prior to installation.

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
I did order the thermal glass and it’s the one item I might have changed. Think I would do just what you did @wemct. Car in production this week, finished tomorrow. BTW, you car looks great.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't doubt it is a great technology, but I was wondering if you had any data points prior to installation.
Before the installer and I settled on the final choice, he brought out a IR heat lamp and put samples of the various types of tint films into a slide box (regular, carbon, carbon ceramic and nano ceramic). I put my hand on the other side of the the sample. There were significant differences in the amount of heat that I felt on my hand. I don't have the technical figures to show the percentage differences.

I went out to my car at lunch time. It is another hot, sunny day in Atlanta 90+F. The glass on the windshield and the panoramic roof were hot to the touch. However, even an inch away from the surface of the glass the amount of heat was luke warm. The black steering wheel was not hot at all. Once I was moving and the AC was running, the surface of the glass (windshield and roof) were not as hot as when the car was sitting still. Once again I don't have the exact temperature figures, but I think Porsche did a very good job with the panoramic roof, and the nano ceramic does an amazing job on the windshield.

I have worked on the ambulance for 20+ years. One of the things we teach the new EMTs is to treat the patient based on his/her presentation, not just based on the readings from the fancy machines. Based on my top of the head and back of the hand observations, the Taycan post treatment is in a much better place than before.

OP
OP

chizwheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
wemct, would you mind posting or messaging me about how much it cost to get the nanoceramic on your windows. I don't want to get ripped off.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
wemct, would you mind posting or messaging me about how much it cost to get the nanoceramic on your windows. I don't want to get ripped off.
I'll send you a private message.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did order the thermal glass and it’s the one item I might have changed.
Still waiting for my Taycan. I ordered the insulated glass option not only for the improved infrared rejection but because the double panes block more road noise. Are you finding the sound improvement also isn't worth it? I would think that plus the IR-blocking ceramic treatment would put it in the league of Rolls Royce interior comfort.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Still waiting for my Taycan. I ordered the insulated glass option not only for the improved infrared rejection but because the double panes block more road noise. Are you finding the sound improvement also isn't worth it? I would think that plus the IR-blocking ceramic treatment would put it in the league of Rolls Royce interior comfort.
I too ordered with the double pane glass for same reasons, I will warn you though that in several reviews that the car was not rated as being as quiet as the Mercedes EQC and that Porsche claims that it was unintentional design feature to not add so much weight to dampen more of the road noises. Not sure which Wheels you ordered but I think the twenty ones would be the most noisy as they are very wide. I ordered the 20" because I think they look so much better than the 19". I do expect the car to be amazing though, virtually all reviews consistently have that as the final outcome.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was a Mercedes EQC parked next to me at the EA charger. I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw the Mercedes badge on the front. Trust me when I say that all of the little things that all of us discuss on the forum, road noise, rims, colors, range, etc. all disappear as soon as you hit the go pedal. There is no bad configuration of the Taycan. It is that good. I'm very happy to see that many of you are starting to receive your cars. Big grins and giggles will soon follow.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There was a Mercedes EQC parked next to me at the EA charger. I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw the Mercedes badge on the front. Trust me when I say that all of the little things that all of us discuss on the forum, road noise, rims, colors, range, etc. all disappear as soon as you hit the go pedal. There is no bad configuration of the Taycan. It is that good. I'm very happy to see that many of you are starting to receive your cars. Big grins and giggles will soon follow.
Thanks for that. Important reminder about keeping the right context in mind.

I guess between Covid delays, not being able to see a lot of the features in person, the gaziliion options one could chose, and too much time sitting at home, there will just be a lot of second guessing and wondering!

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that. Important reminder about keeping the right context in mind.

I guess between Covid delays, not being able to see a lot of the features in person, the gaziliion options one could chose, and too much time sitting at home, there will just be a lot of second guessing and wondering!
Exactly! Too much time to think and read threads and then second guess. Just give me the da** car.

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered the glass because I live in a hot sunny climate. But I always drive with radar detection and I have to use a toll pass. Both will be issues with the glass. The noise reduction is just a plus.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I ordered the glass because I live in a hot sunny climate. But I always drive with radar detection and I have to use a toll pass. Both will be issues with the glass. The noise reduction is just a plus.
Unless you have a very different system for toll passes in the US, it should not be any problem. There are two dedicated areas around the rear view mirror where the glass is different.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows DE12AB00-7F23-4E2A-BA3D-13ACF9DC745E

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got my headlights tinted, hasn’t seen anyone do that yet, got the cling kind so you can take them off

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows F1E9F16B-8618-48B8-A9DE-DEA19203F423

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows 31F44805-8872-4DC0-BDC2-89F018598FEB