Tinting Windows

sds1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo, 991.2 GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A few photos of my 2021 Taycan Turbo after getting windows tinted, PPF front bumper and Glanz ceramic coating.

Type: XPEL Prime XR Plus Window Tint (20% all around) (55% front windshield).

If you live in the Los Angeles or surrounding area and need anything related to tint, film, wraps— I highly recommend you call Jason March at Protective Film Solutions. I have sent several vehicles to them over the years and the quality of work is impeccable, by far the most professional group of guys I have ever worked with.

https://protectivefilmsolutions.com
+1 (949) 599-5964

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows image3

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows IMG_3053

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows IMG_0253

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
A few photos of my 2021 Taycan Turbo after getting windows tinted, PPF front bumper and Glanz ceramic coating.

If you live in the Los Angeles or surrounding area and need anything related to tint, film, wraps— I highly recommend you call Jason March at Protective Film Solutions. I have sent several vehicles to them over the years and the quality of work is impeccable, by far the most professional group of guys I have ever worked with.

+1 (949) 599-5964

image3.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

+1 (949) 599-5964

image3.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg
I'm scheduled to take min there next month! Same as you, front PPF, Glanz and window tint. Did they include the flatbed delivery/pickup? Any issues with that? Was worried about it..

sds1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo, 991.2 GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm scheduled to take min there next month! Same as you, front PPF, Glanz and window tint. Did they include the flatbed delivery/pickup? Any issues with that? Was worried about it..
Yes and you should not have any issues whatsoever with the flatbed. The towing company they use is great and I’ve had several cars delivered and returned without a single issue.

I am crazy with my cars when it comes to care / maintenance and these guys are just top notch, IMO one of the best in the country. Probably why it now takes so long to get an appointment!

Good luck and share some photos when the job is done.

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
After reading the Tesla forums, they seem sold on Spectra Photosync on all windows and windshield because teslas automatically turn the a/c on to regulate inside temps and it kills battery range. Highest heat rejection film on the market. Absolutely better than my other cars that have ceramic tint on windows and Llumar Clear Blue 80 on windshields.

My Taycan 4S is definitely cooler on the inside than any of my other cars, even those with darker tints.

View attachment 14447

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got it tinted today. 20% on sides. I did 15% on the back window so it blends more with the roof and the black panel in front of the trunk. I also wanted to make it hard to see me hide my radar detector when I get pulled over. I can’t talk my way out of a ticket with a detector visible! In Illinois the legal rate is 30% or 35%. That’s way to light. I asked a bunch of cops I had as patients and they said they usually don’t give people trouble for 20% because you can still see through it. And it also depends on what kind of car it is and if you look suspicious. I do all my cars at 20% and so far haven’t been ticketed for it, although I’ve been pulled over many times for going a little fast. If I do get a ticket for it, I’ll take it off to show it’s been removed, but I’ll probably put the same back on.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows 426D47B4-850D-45B0-82C5-9C78A062292E

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows EDE9BABB-21DA-4264-8C66-AFA808BF124C

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@thedoctor
saw that you’re in Vernon Hills... what shop did you go to for the tint? do you have PPF as well?

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@thedoctor
saw that you’re in Vernon Hills... what shop did you go to for the tint? do you have PPF as well?
I had it done through Axel's in Lake Bluff. The owner, Nick Knauz, services all my german cars and even services my Huracan, since it's an Audi R8 inside. He has people that can do pretty much everything. I had PPF done by the dealer because I was paranoid about getting chipped before the film went on. I should have waited and had Axel's do it. I got a full hood for $2000 from the dealer. It would have been $1800 from Axel's, but more importantly, they wrap around the edges so you don't see a seam. I have the dry carbon fiber interior package. He's going to gloss wrap it with PPF because you can't even tell it's carbon being dry carbon.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had it done through Axel's in Lake Bluff. The owner, Nick Knauz, services all my german cars and even services my Huracan, since it's an Audi R8 inside. He has people that can do pretty much everything. I had PPF done by the dealer because I was paranoid about getting chipped before the film went on. I should have waited and had Axel's do it. I got a full hood for $2000 from the dealer. It would have been $1800 from Axel's, but more importantly, they wrap around the edges so you don't see a seam. I have the dry carbon fiber interior package. He's going to gloss wrap it with PPF because you can't even tell it's carbon being dry carbon.
Thx for info!

Matkal

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

+1 (949) 599-5964

image3.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg
Got the exact same spec and was wondering about the coating. It looks gorgeous so you made my mind thanks.

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag

+1 (949) 599-5964

image3.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg
Curious, how is seeing from the back window at 20% at night?

I was thinking of going 20% all around as well, as I live in Phoenix, but was considering dropping to 30% in the rear window just to help the notoriously bad visibility out back. Also more pictures of the sides would be greatly appreciated! :)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Curious, how is seeing from the back window at 20% at night?

I was thinking of going 20% all around as well, as I live in Phoenix, but was considering dropping to 30% in the rear window just to help the notoriously bad visibility out back. Also more pictures of the sides would be greatly appreciated! :)
FWIW I have 5% on the rear glass and 22% on my windshield. ZERO issues with visibility - even at night. Autobahn i3 ceramic film - great stuff!

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
Just had mine tinted with FormulaOne Stratos 30% and really happy with the result. The Stratos tint has 96-97% IR rejection so should help keep things comfy in the cabin.

C3124C7A-C026-4A8D-A169-DF5048DEEBB4.jpeg
Curious do you have a rear view picture of the back tint, is it also 30%? I am curious how well the visibility is out the back with 30%, I am on the fence if I want to opt for darker to 20%

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The sun can be brutal during the summer in Arizona so I went with SunTek CIR film at 20% on the sides and back. Plus I put an 8 inch strip across the top of my windshield to cut down on evening low sun and it
Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows D9CA99C3-FB37-49F3-B00B-75B5146436B1
cuts down on the the sun beating on my legs with a high sun angle.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows 2FB96410-34E3-4072-A1D0-ADA451616184

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows 05484D7D-6376-4990-95C0-08E4979552C7

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows D6E80CFB-1147-4EF7-93F8-5E58E8B0C703