DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
What are you guys using to shine your tires?

I used Black Magic Tire Wet spray and man...I do NOT recommend it. It is incredibly sticky - ostensibly to keep it from slinging - but it eventually does sling, and it ends up all over your paint requiring a lot of careful buffing to remove. Good thing I had ceramic coat on those surfaces but damn, never again.
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thank you, I ordered it along with their tire cleaner product to get the old gunk off!

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
After application of Q2 Tire you should leave the product about 5min on the tire before you wipe it off with a towel or microfiber cloth. That's the way I got the best results.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
NO GEL!! Get this: https://dura-coating.com/
Best the stuff out there. No silicone based crap. Goes on dry and lasts months.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Personally, I don't like gloss on my tires. I like Zaino Bros but will be trying some other products soon for comparison. Contrary to its name, it does not leave a glossy finish. https://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-16.html

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Personally, I don't like gloss on my tires. I like Zaino Bros but will be trying some other products soon for comparison. Contrary to its name, it does not leave a glossy finish. https://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-16.html
Thanks for the tip. I had not heard of Zaino but just ordered a bottle. I don't like shiny tires either -- just black and clean like my Taycan! :rock:

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Received and applied the Zaino. Looks fantastic. Just black, no crazy gloss, and after two days no evidence of slinging. Thanks for the tip!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
i use Swissvax Pneu. I apply it once ive dried my tyres (air drying) and then apply with brush so no overspray or dripping. Lasts ages and tyres look amazing but not too shiny

Swissvax Pneu

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
NO GEL!! Get this: https://dura-coating.com/
Best the stuff out there. No silicone based crap. Goes on dry and lasts months.
I applied this to an SUV tonight. I was a little surprised at how much work it was to clean my tires. I had to clean each tire 5 times. I applied 3 gloss coats and I think it looks great. I’ll add a photo tomorrow when it’s sunny out. This was on an SUV with tires that are a couple years old so it was more work to clean than if the tires were new. I wanted to go through the process on my inexpensive vehicle before I did the same process on the Taycan. Now I need to wait for my Taycan to arrive. ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I applied this to an SUV tonight. I was a little surprised at how much work it was to clean my tires. I had to clean each tire 5 times. I applied 3 gloss coats and I think it looks great. I’ll add a photo tomorrow when it’s sunny out. This was on an SUV with tires that are a couple years old so it was more work to clean than if the tires were new. I wanted to go through the process on my inexpensive vehicle before I did the same process on the Taycan. Now I need to wait for my Taycan to arrive. ?
As with paint, prep is 90% of the job. Cleaning is key and yes it is best to apply to new rubber. I would still clean new rubber since they have elements present from the mold process and transport.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
As with paint, prep is 90% of the job. Cleaning is key and yes it is best to apply to new rubber. I would still clean new rubber since they have elements present from the mold process and transport.
Yes, the prep work is well worth the time and elbow grease. Here is the result on my Mazda. Not a great picture but it shows the tire well enough…

Porsche Taycan Tire Gel Recommendations? C17DFAE7-FEAF-4F34-A09A-51692B4DAF0E
Sponsored