TheUnscented

First Name
TheUnscented
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Towing: we know they’re going to tow with these things In Europe. Anybody interested in a towing package? Yes I know the range will be compromised when towing. I’ve had my CTT for two years and have done light towing but nothing near it’s 7800 lb capacity.

The Model S isn’t rated for towing but the identical Model X chassis is rated for 5000 lbs. The Taycan, being an European car, has to have a towing package engineered for their home market. Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheUnscented

TheUnscented

First Name
TheUnscented
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the comments, you're probably not going to get this then: last month I did my an autocross with the CTT and beat two Boxsters and was edged out by less than a half second by a 991.1 CS & a a modified 996 C2. What was Sony's ad campaign when the first introduced the PlayStation 3? "It only does everything." That's how the CTT feels. I suspect the Taycan will be even better.

The goal is to whittle my fleet down to one car for me, one car for my wife. It's my desire that the Taycan displaces my CTT & my E92 M3 and one of the jobs is going to be hauling stuff. The Taycan seems more of a grand tourer than a sports car, but I'm wondering if it can be a beast of burden.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I know what all your other shorthand is but CTT I am afraid I have no idea what you are talking about......... me stupid...... maybe. But please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Actually I do understand but think there are better solutions than trying to force a square peg into a round hole if you wish...... you can do it but it makes very little sense to me...... that’s all....

Big_Pete1999

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag
Thanks for the comments, you're probably not going to get this then: last month I did my an autocross with the CTT and beat two Boxsters and was edged out by less than a half second by a 991.1 CS & a a modified 996 C2. What was Sony's ad campaign when the first introduced the PlayStation 3? "It only does everything." That's how the CTT feels. I suspect the Taycan will be even better.

The goal is to whittle my fleet down to one car for me, one car for my wife. It's my desire that the Taycan displaces my CTT & my E92 M3 and one of the jobs is going to be hauling stuff. The Taycan seems more of a grand tourer than a sports car, but I'm wondering if it can be a beast of burden.
I have no clue what CTT means, but you might want to wait for the Taycan CT which is more of the "crossover" looking version of the Taycan. It should be available next year. But that seems more like the car you'd want to put a towing hitch on and haul stuff around in.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I have no clue what CTT means, but you might want to wait for the Taycan CT which is more of the "crossover" looking version of the Taycan. It should be available next year. But that seems more like the car you'd want to put a towing hitch on and haul stuff around in.
Yes completely agree!

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
You're looking at a very very small range when towing based on the current battery specs, well under 200 miles and likely under 150. Just keep that in mind.

OP
OP
TheUnscented

TheUnscented

First Name
TheUnscented
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Looking forward to the wagon version. “CTT” refers to Cayenne Turbo, sorry used to the Cayenne forum with all the terms “CTT,” “CD,” “CS” bandied about. A-ok with reduced range with towing.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer told me after asking their Taycan contacts there will be no towing with the car. No hitch and no rating. I wanted to be able to use a hitch mounted luggage rack at some point.

OP
OP
TheUnscented

TheUnscented

First Name
TheUnscented
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Riddle me this, Batman. The original "OG" Porsche SUV:

Porsche Taycan Towing Porsche OG SUV

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
911 Towing.....so exactly why did Porsche build the Cayenne and Macan?

OP
OP
TheUnscented

TheUnscented

First Name
TheUnscented
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
They built the Cayenne (7716lb towing capacity) & the Macan (4409 lb towing capacity) for us Americans who need a reason to get a SUV. In Porsche's home market, they have no such pretense. I'd bought my Cayenne (CTT) with the thought I'd maybe tow a race trailer or boat (I've done neither). The CTT is very comfortable and great fun to drive---I rarely drive my M3 anymore---but it's not a sports sedan. Maybe an aluminum trailer (~1500 lbs) and a stripped out 996 track car (~2800 lbs), I could have the best of both worlds: an excellent daily driver that can tow a race car! Would suit my 3-car garage household just fine! One could argue that a 4800 lb sedan with no clutch and enormous torque and brakes is well suited to towing 5000 lbs. To that point, have you seen the video of the Model X beating an Alfa Romeo 4C in a drag race while towing a trailer with an Alfa Romeo 4C? https://www.thrillist.com/cars/nati...s-alfa-romeo-4c-in-drag-race-while-towing-one The Model X has the same chassis as the Model S sedan.

How about this: https://www.motor1.com/news/352416/porsche-911-speedster-tows-camper/
Porsche Taycan Towing porsche-911-speedster-tows-camper

Or this guy: https://www.motor1.com/news/350569/porsche-911-topped-tent-overland/

martin349

First Name
martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
accord
Country flag
basically, lightweight vehicles can be towed every car even Polaris vehicle can be used for towing, but everyone does its own risk, also tow with my accord 2015, when i need a heavy towing than I use a towing service near me.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Towing: we know they’re going to tow with these things In Europe. Anybody interested in a towing package? Yes I know the range will be compromised when towing. I’ve had my CTT for two years and have done light towing but nothing near it’s 7800 lb capacity.

The Model S isn’t rated for towing but the identical Model X chassis is rated for 5000 lbs. The Taycan, being an European car, has to have a towing package engineered for their home market. Thoughts?
I am also interested in towing capacity of the 4s, let me know if you find this info.
Thanks

Porsche Taycan Towing IMG_1249.PNG
Sponsored