USSWEDE

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 2022
Country flag
I have the remote parking assist and it doesn't work. NEVER GOT IT TO WORK. Either the keys are too far from the car, the phone, the suspension is wrong (which I can't change via the phone), or there's no connectivity. I haven't played around under perfect circumstances, just when I need it - like in a parking garage...it was an expensive option and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Also, agree with the 3D-view or panoramic view - equally sad - wouldn't expect that in a Porsche - rather a Volkswagen...
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, thanks. I didn’t realise I needed to get the remote park assist. I did toy with getting that, but decided against it.
I don't have remote parking but I do have active parking (self park or whatever it's called) and I have full 3D surround view that allows me to pick any angle. Still not great tho and I hardly use it so You're not missing out on much.

90% of the time I just use the default top down view.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Before this was introduced MY22 there was a specific 3D option. This was dropped, basic park assist with reversing camera was made standard, 360 panoramic was optional and then remote parking with 3D were bundled as the top option. Note that remote parking looks to be for Apple devices only but not 100% certain of that.
How functional is the remote parking option to get the 3D view? Worth it? Also, if you just get the surround cameras, do you still get the collision WARNING? That is, a WARNING if there is a car behind you when backing up?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
How functional is the remote parking option to get the 3D view? Worth it? Also, if you just get the surround cameras, do you still get the collision WARNING? That is, a WARNING if there is a car behind you when backing up?
Collision warning is only included with the remote parking option. This function will warn you for cars driving from left or right when you are backing up. This is one of the reasons I took the option.

With the standard rear parking sensors it wil always give a warning when there is a car parked behind you when backing up. But I presume you ment the former situation.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Collision warning is only included with the remote parking option. This function will warn you for cars driving from left or right when you are backing up. This is one of the reasons I took the option.

With the standard rear parking sensors it wil always give a warning when there is a car parked behind you when backing up. But I presume you ment the former situation.
Yes. Perfect -- I am not a fan of the remote parking option BUT I do like the safety element of warnings you mentioned: left to right and when backing out. Thanks much. I will add now.

Your thoughts on InnoDrive? Concensus seems a big fat "no".

I also will pass on HUD and Passenger Display. I know "only" $700 more if you end up with Remote Parking but I don't need the screens and would rather put to the RAS option

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yes. Perfect -- I am not a fan of the remote parking option BUT I do like the safety element of warnings you mentioned: left to right and when backing out. Thanks much. I will add now.

Your thoughts on InnoDrive? Concensus seems a big fat "no".

I also will pass on HUD and Passenger Display. I know "only" $700 more if you end up with Remote Parking but I don't need the screens and would rather put to the RAS option
I have had HUD in my past four cars and I took it again. I have sold my X5 to soon for a really good price and now I am driving a Toyota without HUD and really miss it. Others say the Taycan doesn’t really need the HUD because of the high dashboard position.

We don’t have the tech package in Belgium. Passenger display is 1000 euro and not worth it for me

i ordered ACC because it includes emergency braking and I have had ACC on my last 3 BMW’s and use it a lot for my daily commute. The dealer advised against Innodrive because of to much fantom braking. Belgium is too small for this function an too many intersections. When I will have my car I will order lane keeping and might try the free 3 months of Innodrive when on road trip. I wouldn’t need it anyway for my normal use.

I also took RAS

For 700 $ I would take the HUD and passenger display unless you really need the 700 $ to take the RAS.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have had HUD in my past four cars and I took it again. I have sold my X5 to soon for a really good price and now I am driving a Toyota without HUD and really miss it. Others say the Taycan doesn’t really need the HUD because of the high dashboard position.

We don’t have the tech package in Belgium. Passenger display is 1000 euro and not worth it for me

i ordered ACC because it includes emergency braking and I have had ACC on my last 3 BMW’s and use it a lot for my daily commute. The dealer advised against Innodrive because of to much fantom braking. Belgium is too small for this function an too many intersections. When I will have my car I will order lane keeping and might try the free 3 months of Innodrive when on road trip. I wouldn’t need it anyway for my normal use.

I also took RAS

For 700 $ I would take the HUD and passenger display unless you really need the 700 $ to take the RAS.
Thanks very helpful. Are you able to order Active Lane Keep as a FOD? Or without the InnoDrive? I don't believe you can now at least.

Thanks -- will take your advice and think about the HUD and PD (especially since a small cost to pay for the 2 features)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks very helpful. Are you able to order Active Lane Keep as a FOD? Or without the InnoDrive? I don't believe you can now at least.

Thanks -- will take your advice and think about the HUD and PD (especially since a small cost to pay for the 2 features)
For now FOD is not available for model 2022 but I presume it will be with the new software. For active lane keeping you need the ACC option and it is included in Innodrive from factory.
FOD lanekeeping and Innodrive are separate options. Both together are more expensive the Innodrive from factory.

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
I personally love the innodrive option. I still am fairly new as is the system. I think they will be able to update the system as progress is made. If you are in an area with heavy traffic during commutes or take trips with traffic or lots of curves involved it can be a game changer.

We also have the active park assist (not remote) and the full view of car with the front view is a life savor for us. Parking in our garage is tight we only have like 3-4 inches in front and back to spare. It has been a huge help getting in and out for us. Definitely would or regretted not having it.
Sponsored