PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My coworker just bought an X7 and they rebated him $400 because they don’t have the chips for the wireless charging pads. So could be that..
Thanks. You are probably right. I will have no problem if they want to retrofit it after.
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought that the phone pad under the middle console had some sort of wifi to boost the phone signal so that may be what needs the chip.
There is a cell phone booster (I think they removed it for MY22. Maybe it’s a chip and feature they felt they could do away with.

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Mine just left Emden on the Helios Ray earlier than expected, however the actual delivery date has been pushed back to 10/1. Looks like extra "Port Processing" makes up the new delay.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine just left Emden on the Helios Ray earlier than expected, however the actual delivery date has been pushed back to 10/1. Looks like extra "Port Processing" makes up the new delay.
You can use the marine traffic website to watch its progress. It looses AIS coming across the ocean, but TYD is pretty accurate on showing a sold line where the ship is located.

I am guessing yours is probably missing the TPSM and/or the sun sensor which will hold it up in the port. I hope those chip companies are working extra shifts to get caught up!

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
I am guessing yours is probably missing the TPSM and/or the sun sensor which will hold it up in the port. I hope those chip companies are working extra shifts to get caught up!
Spoke to my dealer, he said the active campaigns he saw on his screen were the manual steering wheel and the missing 2nd keyfob. Both of which would be dealt with afterwards. So I'm hoping it won't be held up in port?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer, he said the active campaigns he saw on his screen were the manual steering wheel and the missing 2nd keyfob. Both of which would be dealt with afterwards. So I'm hoping it won't be held up in port?
On the screen he looked at, it shows "stop sale" and neither of those apply so you should be good to go. See mine says Yes in stop sale for the TPM control unit.

Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream is more like Make Me Scream Taycanstatus

Last edited:

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
And the delays continue. Originally expected the sun senor by today so I could pick up the car tomorrow. Dealer is still waiting for the part so looking like delivery some time next week for me :confused:

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
And the delays continue. Originally expected the sun senor by today so I could pick up the car tomorrow. Dealer is still waiting for the part so looking like delivery some time next week for me :confused:
Yeah, at least yours is at the dealer, my is at port still. Apparently they are going to install the sensor, then ship the car. Not sure if the port installers will get the part first or not. From what I understand when the 'stop delivery' was issued some were already in-route to dealers (like yours), and some (like mine) were still at port. Hence the chaos.

YugoNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a3 etron, BMW x3
Country flag
Such a bummer... 44 day miss for me... honestly
Yeah, at least yours is at the dealer, my is at port still. Apparently they are going to install the sensor, then ship the car. Not sure if the port installers will get the part first or not. From what I understand when the 'stop delivery' was issued some were already in-route to dealers (like yours), and some (like mine) were still at port. Hence the chaos.

Such a bummer. Mine is also stuck at the port until early october. Honestly at this point I really wonder if I should have just waited for the 2022 version and just get it next spring. Having this car in midwest during the winter seems like a waste :)

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Such a bummer... 44 day miss for me... honestly

Such a bummer. Mine is also stuck at the port until early october. Honestly at this point I really wonder if I should have just waited for the 2022 version and just get it next spring. Having this car in midwest during the winter seems like a waste :)
Curious, what's your story? What parts is your vehicle missing? Which port did your vehicle arrive at and is sitting at? Mine arrived 7/28 and allegedly is only missing the sun sensor. What makes you think it will be October? I am fortunate enough to live in Phoenix, where I can drive it year round, however I placed my order back in Mid April, so getting a bit anxious now!

Last edited:

YugoNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a3 etron, BMW x3
Country flag
Curious, what's your story? What parts is your vehicle missing? Which port did your vehicle arrive at and is sitting at? Mine arrived 7/28 and allegedly is only missing the sun sensor. What makes you think it will be October? I am fortunate enough to live in Phoenix, where I can drive it year round, however I placed my order back in Mid April, so getting a bit anxious now!
Ordered a 4s back in April , my car is in Baltimore (it was on Felicity Ace) and its supposedly missing Tire Pressure Monitor. Track my dream says october and my sales guy did not sound very confident that it will be any earlier (this changed timeframe was a day after he told me that he expected the car by end of this week :)

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered a 4s back in April , my car is in Baltimore (it was on Felicity Ace) and its supposedly missing Tire Pressure Monitor. Track my dream says october and my sales guy did not sound very confident that it will be any earlier (this changed timeframe was a day after he told me that he expected the car by end of this week :)
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt I am in the same situation. I just sold my car too, so I am loaning a family member's spare. I may never live it down if I end up borrowing it for 5 weeks, told them it'd likely only be a week or two :/. Did the TYD date update? Mine is showing 8/27.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
There are usually chips in good quality chargers so that they stop charging when ever the phone says it’s battery is full.

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As per my SA (was on the Grand Saphire back ~7/28):

"Your Taycan 4S has now had any open campaigns addressed, and it has been moved to be cleared and released for transport. At this time, your Taycan 4S is awaiting truck assignment and is scheduled for arrival next Friday."

Very happy some real progress has been made and there are no roadblocks! Seems like it should be ready around Sep 1st after the tint and clear bra are installed!

OP
OP
RecoveringGT3Addict

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
I am wondering how long it should take for the 'on its way' thing to disappear from My Porsche... I am also wondering if that is related to the reason I cannot still register my Porsche ID in the PCM.
Sponsored