How accurate is Track Your Dream

TaycanGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911
Country flag
Yup. The batch of cars bound for Florida that were completed mid-January seem to be in limbo and keep getting bumped. I know of another person on the forum on same production schedule as us also headed to Orlando.

What color did you order?
I ordered the 4S in Carrera White with chalk/black interior, but if you ordered the Frozen Blue, I may have to trade with you.
Sponsored

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
Okay I started this post this morning when I found out my car was not getting on the boat this Friday as planned. It move the load date to 3/9 and TMD showed the car was 3,795 miles away.
I just checked TMD a minute ago and found my car is now on a boat (Siem Confucius) and its 745 miles away from my dealer. What the hack is going on, I think I am being “punked”.
I can only hope this is true!
Can anyone tell me how to track the Siem Confucius?

Update, I just tracked the Siem Confucius and its on its way to Canada. Something on TMD must be wrong as my car should be headed to Baltimore MD.
I have the same experience with a Boxster GTS 4.0 that had dates pushed back to 3/18 for loading. When I checked TYD tonight, it now indicates its loaded on Siem Confucius, but all the timeline dates are goofed up. I'm not too worried as the same thing happened to my Taycan delivery in December. The key variable is the car being assigned and loaded on a ship. All the following dates can't be trusted IMO.

Mission C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, MB GLS450
Country flag
I ordered the 4S in Carrera White with chalk/black interior, but if you ordered the Frozen Blue, I may have to trade with you.
I have a frozen blue RWD coming. I’ve been obsessed with the color since I saw one about a year ago. I’m jealous of the 4S though.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I was looking at an a6 as a temporary car and I know it left or loaded on feb 15. Not sure if there’s any way you guys headed for Jacksonville could also be on same ship.

ladylow87

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I have a melted frozen blue 4S if you’re interested. ? I’m switching to chalk for the second go around.

Deleted member 6348

I have the same experience with a Boxster GTS 4.0 that had dates pushed back to 3/18 for loading. When I checked TYD tonight, it now indicates its loaded on Siem Confucius, but all the timeline dates are goofed up. I'm not too worried as the same thing happened to my Taycan delivery in December. The key variable is the car being assigned and loaded on a ship. All the following dates can't be trusted IMO.
Hey, my Taycan is on the same boat as your Boxster GTS!

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Siem Cicero docking in Emden later today. Once loaded, it’s first port is Jacksonville…it may be worth watching that one…hopefully you all get on there despite what TYD states.
My load in date remains for tomorrow In TYD.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Okay I started this post this morning when I found out my car was not getting on the boat this Friday as planned. It move the load date to 3/9 and TMD showed the car was 3,795 miles away.
I just checked TMD a minute ago and found my car is now on a boat (Siem Confucius) and its 745 miles away from my dealer. What the hack is going on, I think I am being “punked”.
I can only hope this is true!
Can anyone tell me how to track the Siem Confucius?

Update, I just tracked the Siem Confucius and its on its way to Canada. Something on TMD must be wrong as my car should be headed to Baltimore MD.
Good morning,

I like this app…shipfix. Here is the current position of Siem Confucius as of 7am EST, first stop Halifax in about nine days (March 5th or so) then onto Baltimore…March 9th or 10th arrival.

Porsche Taycan How accurate is Track Your Dream C683F8EE-0CA1-4AF2-8CBE-10AFEF9D138D

Last edited:

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
We don’t have “Track your Dream” in the UK yet (or I just missed the crossover to them bringing it here). I just have the app called “ chase your dealer” whilst he has the app called “Why’d I care“ which seems to link to his out of office auto enable.

Porsche don’t need an app, they just need the intern/janitor in each dealership to have a Friday task of mailing customers status updates. Simple as that. Save them a ton of cash on some dubious System Integrator dev team doing the job by rote for their cvs.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Good morning,

I like this app…shipfix. Here is the current position of Siem Confucius as of 7am EST, first stop Halifax in about nine days (March 5th or so) then onto Baltimore…March 9th or 10th arrival.
Thank you for confirming and sharing the screen shot. Do you know how I can find the chart showing the ports of call? I have seen this in other post as a chart but can’t find it. Thanks in advance for your help.
C683F8EE-0CA1-4AF2-8CBE-10AFEF9D138D.png

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Good morning,

C683F8EE-0CA1-4AF2-8CBE-10AFEF9D138D.png
Are you able to see if any boats left from Emden around 15th of Feb for Jacksonville?

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche Taycan How accurate is Track Your Dream 1645720309073

I've seen some questions and debate about how well the map on TYD tracks actual location. The answer is, for me, very accurately. That crazy little navigation path trailing the ship icon matches what I am currently seeing on marinetraffic.com for Green Ridge. It was a little lagged from when the ship actually departed, but upon refresh this morning, the distance to go dropped and the location of the ship updated. YMMV