Traded my '21 Taycan Turbo S in.... (Inside info for anyone looking for a TTS)

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Posting that I traded my 2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S in and no longer in the club. Kinda crazy as I only owned it for 4-5 months and car was brilliant. My primary issue is the infrastructure in NE PA sucks and the charge stations between the various areas as you get away from Philly became challenging to say the least (I actually couldn't get to/from some destinations for work and had to take my wife's car). I ended up getting a deal to pivot to a Mercedes G550 which works well for me at this point and will likely be back to Porsche in a few years once the grid catches up.. .....reason I'm posting is the dealer that I traded in is clearly not well versed with Porsches. It may benefit someone on this forum. The car is located at (Motorworld) in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

These guys have the car marketed horribly and I honestly don't think the used sales folks know what they're doing. They have photos of the car as it came in. They state its retail is $192K and marked down to $139.9K right now. List some options and that its Genetian blue. ....the photos look good but the car looks generic on winter wheel/tire package in their photos and they never mention that it has mission-e wheels that were traded in with it along with some other details.....

Here's what is NOT in the ad...
1. Car has mission-e wheels with white outside trim. On the car, they look amazing with a really aggressive posture. As is, looks like alright but not like a Taycan Turbo S and definitely isn't enticing folks looking across dealers to pick that one up for others with much better wheels on them in the photos.
2. The car has Full Car PPF and Ceramic for about $8.5K by Northeast Autocraft. It's pristine. These guys are awesome and pretty much the place to go in the area.
3. In the photos, the car has winter wheel/tire package from Porsche. The cost of this is $5.6K or so from the dealer. Not mentioned is these wheels are extra (2 sets traded in) and the winter package has only 2 weeks of use!! I traded the car in on them 2 weeks after getting them.
4. Car is perfect, 2 owner. No accidents. No issues while I had it. Total - 9K miles. Has the full update to the PCM (colored icons etc).

I have zero affiliation with the dealer but been watching them walk the price down and laughing about how they're not even trying, or they just frankly don't know what they're doing as it pertains to the Taycan/Porsche/EVs. The only reason I'm posting here is I'd love to see someone in the market get a killer deal potentially that appreciates the car. Just validate they didn't remove any of the trade in items mentioned above and it's all included. If you do, may be able to swoop in and get a killer deal from the dealer. I'd honestly prefer an enthusiast sweeps her up and goes to a good home.

Ad link: https://www.motorworldgroup.com/use...e-Taycan-1d28c79b0a0e0a997f6ce116bc6e3d13.htm
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDNEPA

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
....oh, realized the car with the wheels is in my avatar when I post so you can compare presence from silly used car marketing people vs what they really have but hope it helps someone potentially pick up a deal. This forum is great and lot of good people on it with a lot of passion for these cars. I'm still a huge fan - just wasn't working for my only car or I would have kept it.

Last edited:

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for posting and hoping a true connoisseur buys the car. As you say, they have F.....d up the description. Lovely car...Gentian blue not Neptune, nor a Slate grey interior, otherwise very accurate!! At least they got the Porsche and Taycan right probably only coz you told them?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDNEPA

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's Gentian Blue. Add the Color (Neptune vs Gentian) to the list of items where these folks marketing this car appear to be absolutely clueless........

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Wow you are right. Neptune vs Gentian Blue in itself is like a $3K upgrade. Tell them to take $3K more off if you decide to make an offer! Thanks for helping a future owner score a good deal.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I've always wondered, as I've seen dealers advertise cars like this all the time. They miss major features (e.g. my old Performance Model S is for sale today, dealer doesn't even mention it has the Ludicrous power upgrade, or free lifetime DC charging, and few other things). When I was looking for a Taycan, I've seen Porsche dealers market Taycans horribly, not listing major options (which I could see from the pictures sometimes, like sports chrono) but instead they post a generic feature vomit list filled with crap like power windows, cruise control, etc. Yet, the dealers continue to do stuff like this and make money. It makes me wonder, is proper listing really that important? Do most buyers care? Maybe because we are on an enthusiast forum, we care, but perhaps the majority of buyers couldn't care less about such details. I know I've met owners who had no idea what options their cars (including Porsche) had, once even met an owner who was wring about the color of his own car, because the SA told him it was another color.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think dealers and majority of customers probably mostly care about year, model, trim, colors. The rest is options which have little value to a dealer and it seems most buyers don't care either. I guess this is why options depreciate so much quicker in a lease residual calculation (typically worth $0 after 4 years). It also makes it easier for the dealer to price the car, so for 2021 TTS they just look at average prices a 2021 TTS sells, they don't care to look, or often even have access to, what options those sold cars had. The sales people are also no experts on every car to even know what the options are and what was standard. I've been buying cars for many, many years, and even in the old days of printed black and blue books, the only thing that mattered was year and trim, with an occasional sought after option bumping the price a little.

OP
OP
JDNEPA

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hitmonlee - Saw that is in Birmingham so not sure markets but not sure I agree that's the market. Within 200 miles of my zip, there are like 5-6 options that are used 2021 TTS models and there is only 1 autotrader at 143K, all the rest are 149 to 163K, at least at ask. This car isn't listed there which I find odd but also is less than ALL of these. What the 2021 TTS are actually selling for, I'm not sure. That said, this seems on the low end, but what do I know...

My search:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/2021/porsche/taycan/palmerton-pa-18071?requestId=2281868035&maxMileage=15000&searchRadius=200&trimCodeList=PORTAYCAN|Turbo S&marketExtension=include&isNewSearch=true&showAccelerateBanner=false&sortBy=relevance&numRecords=25

@whitex - I agree with you that this tends to be more most car buyers and dealers "don't care" about options - cars are cars. I also 1000% agree with your macro point that options tend not to hold or add equivalent value to the car at time to sell over stock; however, I do think exotic and Porsche buyers tend to notice, seek out, and weigh getting those extras between various cars on the market when buying. In other words, it may be a differentiator to bring in the buyer from other alternatives in the market. For a buyer that can find cars with options up front, it can help quickly filter out and save some money if they planned to add some of these things. .....but that's my experience. If it helps someone here, awesome. I honestly don't have a stake other than would be good if the info benefits someone enthusiastic about the brand and car.....

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Gorgeous car. With values it’s hard to tell now a lot of cars are coming off lease and flooding the market. I’ve been keeping a close eye on some cars as I am about to get into one and there has not been much movement of inventory.

OP
OP
JDNEPA

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Caraholic Agree. Market and combined with the macro economic conditions and interest rates right now, it’ll be hard to tell where things land. It’s kind of a moving target, but seems things are definitely slowing so it could be good to be a buyer right now, especially cash buyer…..

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
I've always wondered, as I've seen dealers advertise cars like this all the time. They miss major features (e.g. my old Performance Model S is for sale today, dealer doesn't even mention it has the Ludicrous power upgrade, or free lifetime DC charging, and few other things). When I was looking for a Taycan, I've seen Porsche dealers market Taycans horribly, not listing major options (which I could see from the pictures sometimes, like sports chrono) but instead they post a generic feature vomit list filled with crap like power windows, cruise control, etc. Yet, the dealers continue to do stuff like this and make money. It makes me wonder, is proper listing really that important? Do most buyers care? Maybe because we are on an enthusiast forum, we care, but perhaps the majority of buyers couldn't care less about such details. I know I've met owners who had no idea what options their cars (including Porsche) had, once even met an owner who was wring about the color of his own car, because the SA told him it was another color.
This could be a customer ordered car that is on their website for inventory management. My 4S CT was listed with generic info before I picked it up. I noticed the Cayenne Turbo GT they had just had the base Cayenne info.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Posting that I traded my 2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S in and no longer in the club. Kinda crazy as I only owned it for 4-5 months and car was brilliant. My primary issue is the infrastructure in NE PA sucks and the charge stations between the various areas as you get away from Philly became challenging to say the least (I actually couldn't get to/from some destinations for work and had to take my wife's car). I ended up getting a deal to pivot to a Mercedes G550 which works well for me at this point and will likely be back to Porsche in a few years once the grid catches up.. .....reason I'm posting is the dealer that I traded in is clearly not well versed with Porsches. It may benefit someone on this forum. The car is located at (Motorworld) in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

These guys have the car marketed horribly and I honestly don't think the used sales folks know what they're doing. They have photos of the car as it came in. They state its retail is $192K and marked down to $139.9K right now. List some options and that its Genetian blue. ....the photos look good but the car looks generic on winter wheel/tire package in their photos and they never mention that it has mission-e wheels that were traded in with it along with some other details.....

Here's what is NOT in the ad...
1. Car has mission-e wheels with white outside trim. On the car, they look amazing with a really aggressive posture. As is, looks like alright but not like a Taycan Turbo S and definitely isn't enticing folks looking across dealers to pick that one up for others with much better wheels on them in the photos.
2. The car has Full Car PPF and Ceramic for about $8.5K by Northeast Autocraft. It's pristine. These guys are awesome and pretty much the place to go in the area.
3. In the photos, the car has winter wheel/tire package from Porsche. The cost of this is $5.6K or so from the dealer. Not mentioned is these wheels are extra (2 sets traded in) and the winter package has only 2 weeks of use!! I traded the car in on them 2 weeks after getting them.
4. Car is perfect, 2 owner. No accidents. No issues while I had it. Total - 9K miles. Has the full update to the PCM (colored icons etc).

I have zero affiliation with the dealer but been watching them walk the price down and laughing about how they're not even trying, or they just frankly don't know what they're doing as it pertains to the Taycan/Porsche/EVs. The only reason I'm posting here is I'd love to see someone in the market get a killer deal potentially that appreciates the car. Just validate they didn't remove any of the trade in items mentioned above and it's all included. If you do, may be able to swoop in and get a killer deal from the dealer. I'd honestly prefer an enthusiast sweeps her up and goes to a good home.

Ad link: https://www.motorworldgroup.com/use...e-Taycan-1d28c79b0a0e0a997f6ce116bc6e3d13.htm
Nice deal for someone

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Unfortunately that’s the correct market value. Assuming a trade value of around $115-120, a 40% depreciation from MSRP.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This could be a customer ordered car that is on their website for inventory management. My 4S CT was listed with generic info before I picked it up. I noticed the Cayenne Turbo GT they had just had the base Cayenne info.
Yes, I've seen those, but those same dealers list used cars in the same manner, and new inventory cars. As a side note, Porsche finder auto-lists cars (which does include all the options listed btw), even customer order cars for some reason, however the cars listed directly on the dealer side are less likely to be pre-sold customer ordered cars.
Sponsored