Transmission and recuperation -- can you answer how it works?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
FWIW, I feel the same amount of recuperation in a 4S as my RWD. On or auto.
We’re taking about braking recup. Not overrun recup. ?

I would be very curious to learn more about the actual differences between the RWD and AWD for this directly from Porsche.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
We’re taking about braking recup. Not overrun recup. ?

I would be very curious to learn more about the actual differences between the RWD and AWD for this directly from Porsche.
"When the Taycan's driver presses the brake pedal, the electric motors are used as generators and deceleration therefore initially takes place without the intervention of the mechanical wheel brakes. The kinetic energy of a car is thus converted back into electrical energy, which is routed into the battery. If a car has to be decelerated strongly, more braking power is required than the electric motors can generate. In this case, the conventional (friction) brakes also intervene. A distinction can be made between overrun recuperation and brake recuperation. With overrun recuperation, the electric motors are used for deceleration when the accelerator pedal is released. In brake recuperation, the braking system is used to decide which part of deceleration is realised by recuperation and which part by conventional wheel braking."