Recuperation / Regen how many miles until it starts working?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If you have an ST then you will have the Performance Battery Plus (standard battery for a Taycan is the Performance Battery)
No, that is for the CT not the ST, the ST battery options are the same as the saloon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Plumley32

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo (arrived.)
Country flag
yeah its the small battery 79kw on std STs, as I believe this is all I need.

Jono

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, Ducati Panigale V4S
Country flag
Wireless phone charger gets the phone insanely hot and decreases battery faster than it charges..

My dealer told me that it doesnt have wireless phone charging only wireless car play. Was she wrong?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer told me that it doesnt have wireless phone charging only wireless car play. Was she wrong?
I read that they had dropped the wireless charging and antenna. Certainly putting my phone in the cradle does not initiate charging on mine.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Market dependent.

Wireless charging in UK was / is standard BUT you have to enable Wireless Charging in the PCM (Phone ... Telephone Settings - General Settings - Cableless Charging). Once enabled a Qi indicator appears in the notification area when your phone is inserted in the holder (inside the impossible to use armrest) with the screen facing outwards.

UK standard spec (supply issues permitting):

Porsche Taycan Recuperation / Regen how many miles until it starts working? 1671803955531

Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto exist also.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Also, anyone else notice the kickback/clunk on the brake pedal disappear when the regen started? I find that really annoying...
At about 800 km's driven, regen appeared in my car. The clunk from the brake pedal disappeared at the same time.

OP
OP
Plumley32

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I'm now the proud owner of a 2023my Taycan Sport Turismo RWD std battery.
Very pleased so far, apart from a few niggles.

Braking Regeneration / Recuperation not working on braking...
Kick-back / clunk through brake pedal on release, every time....
Wireless phone charger gets the phone insanely hot and decreases battery faster than it charges..
Passenger door card rattles when playing music...

Now before OG taycan forum users jump in here and say these are all know issues on the forum and I shouldn't have started a thread about them, I do have a valid question....
Does any one know a work around to "bed in" the brakes so the regeneration starts working? I've done 1,000 miles in the car now...

Ps the Porsche Masterclass expert hasn't heard of any bedding in time required on the Taycans and requested I send him a video of the problem..

UPDATE......
So after 1,100 miles and the regen still not working on braking, and the annoying "kickback"/"clonk" from the brake pedal I decided to try forcing bedding in the brakes myself.>>>>>
100mph on the motorway, off at the slip road and stomping on the brakes for a 100>0mph stop at the roundabout. Then straight onto some "spirited" driving on a B road with serious braking for 15 mins in Sport Plus mode and I am now pleased to announce..... Drum roll please.... the regen now works on regular braking & the kickback/clunk from the brake pedal has gone!!!!!!!!!!
Also interestingly the regen working in combination with the disc brakes has created a much nice, and more responsive brake pedal.

So if anyone in the future is searching and has found this thread because their regen isn't working or they have a kickback on the brake pedal. My advise... stomp the hell out of the pedal at speed... and you might just get it to work.. good luck

Now onto that annoying door card rattle and the overheating wireless phone charger problems...

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Now onto that annoying door card rattle and the overheating wireless phone charger problems...
The overheating wireless phone charger seems to be a feature, good luck try to get it “fixed”. Glad your recup braking has kicked in. It’s so much better than the mechanical brakes.

Oyinko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's my third Taycan and it's the first time I'm noticing I don't have regen. Currently at 100 miles, I don't have any regen but found the brake discs unusually warm when I come home... Also hearing the "clonk" when I slightly press the accelerator which I assume are the pads being depressed from the disc.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve had my GTS 6 days and currently on 283 miles. My regeneration started at 150 miles. Was very surprised but I wonder if it was because I was driving for 90 minutes (heavy traffic) twice on the same day so was a lot of stop start braking.

I think our CT4 started at around 350miles

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am sure there is an algorithm to calculate brake bedding and how long the car goes before it considers the brakes to be bedded will depend on a cumulative calculation. More braking, particularly hard braking, bed brakes faster.

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
In the German forum it was stated that it will take 20MJ of brake energy to activate recuperation. My GTS ST started to recuperate at 1100 km. If I remember correctly it was stated that 20MJ is equivalent to two times braking from 240km/h to stand still or near 60 times braking from 50 km/h to zero.

OP
OP
Plumley32

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My advise (guess) to active it sooner rather than later is to find a safe off ramp / exit from motorway / freeway. Come off at speed 70mph+ and stomp hard on the brakes to a stop at the end of the off ramp... do that a couple of times and it will probably be the fastest way to bed in the pads?

AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
I'm happy to read this post, mine is 480 km now and has the same symptoms. I just can't drive that fast or brake that strong, Switzerland is not the country for crazy driving. I hope I can take some time on an nice German highway at full speed!

And I have the same annoying kalnk when I release the brake pedal
Sponsored