Trouble Locking Door Handle? Solution Found?

TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have trouble getting your Taycan to lock by touching the door handle? I’d be interested if the following works for you.

I’ve found a way to get my 2021 4S to lock by touch the first time I touch the handle. Mine wasn’t locking until I learned to turn my body…I’m serious!

I keep my key in my right front pocket and before I press the handle to lock I turn so that I am facing the rear of the car and key is now further from the door and I am between the door handle and the key. It works every time.

So, maybe it’s the extra distance from the handle or key sensors that makes it work. Maybe because I am in between the key and the handle/key sensors. Who knows? It just works for me.

I’d be interested in whether or not this works for others.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I keep my phone in my right pocket, so I’ve tried to get into the habit of keeping the fob in my left pocket. Also, I’ve found that with my car, a quick tap of the thumb doesn’t do it; I need to hold it steady on the indent for 1-2 seconds for it to lock. This is in contrast to my Boxster, where one quick tap results in a lock 95%+ of the time. I suspect that my poor track record with locking the Taycan is owing to this previously learned behavior.

OP
OP

TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I keep my phone in my right pocket, so I’ve tried to get into the habit of keeping the fob in my left pocket. Also, I’ve found that with my car, a quick tap of the thumb doesn’t do it; I need to hold it steady on the indent for 1-2 seconds for it to lock. This is in contrast to my Boxster, where one quick tap results in a lock 95%+ of the time. I suspect that my poor track record with locking the Taycan is owing to this previously learned behavior.
Yes, mine takes a solid press for a little longer than other cars…AND facing more towards the rear as my original post explained.
Sponsored