Frans

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Renault Espace 2015
Country flag
I am a happy owner of a new Taycan Turbo for a few days.

However, one thing that really bothers me is that it is really hard to lock the doors using my thumb on the door handles.
Many times when I turn off and leave my Taycan it takes about 10 seconds or more until the door handles become responsive. It happens on all doors. When they have become responsive they work flawless for some time. I assume it is a software issue but my dealer doesn't know about it.

Does anyone here know about this problem?
Sponsored

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi. I’ve encountered this to the point I give up and lock the doors with the key fob. I’ve also never been able to get the boot (trunk) to open using my foot and similarly the front trunk (frunk) with my hand.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hi. I’ve encountered this to the point I give up and lock the doors with the key fob. I’ve also never been able to get the boot (trunk) to open using my foot and similarly the front trunk (frunk) with my hand.
I'm sure I read a thread on here about having to enable an option in the settings somewhere to make comfort access work properly (but I can't remember where now). Doesn't help the OP though, sorry.

Edit: Found it

OP
OP
Frans

Frans

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am happy that I am not alone in this problem. So it will probably be on Porsche's back log...

BTW, does anyone know why the Taycan doesn't lock when you walk away, like all cars I owned for the past 10 years? Are all Porsche models lacking this feature? I forgot to lock it at least 2 times now in the 5 days I own it now :-(

Vertical

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, many other P-cars
Country flag

However, one thing that really bothers me is that it is really hard to lock the doors using my thumb on the door handles.
Many times when I turn off and leave my Taycan it takes about 10 seconds or more until the door handles become responsive. It happens on all doors. When they have become responsive they work flawless for some time. I assume it is a software issue but my dealer doesn't know about it.

I've found this locking situation to be an overall Porsche issue and not just a Taycan problem. My 992 does the same thing. The best way I've found to deal with it is to not treat the little notch like a button and "press it" but to just rest your hand lightly on the sensor and take a long breath, leaving your hand there.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I've found this locking situation to be an overall Porsche issue and not just a Taycan problem. My 992 does the same thing. The best way I've found to deal with it is to not treat the little notch like a button and "press it" but to just rest your hand lightly on the sensor and take a long breath, leaving your hand there.
Same pause method works better for garage-door opening. Drives my wife crazy.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
100% with you. Often it’s great, then sometimes it stops working and that’s ridiculous. Like you I do not get the foot gesture for the trunk nor the hand waiving gesture for the frunk (and yes I’ve checked that the setting is enabled).

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag

Go to PCM /settings/vehicle. There you can configure settings. Car automatically locks after so many seconds/ mirrors fold in etc. You also need to program to open trunk with foot movement. Re hood this works 1/2 the time but you have to move you hand slowly start just below the medallion and move hand below the hood.

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
You're absolutely right !!! I just found the setting this morning. It's been 4 months and I can't believe I didn't even know that setting need to be activated !! Thank you

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Go to PCM /settings/vehicle. There you can configure settings. Car automatically locks after so many seconds/ mirrors fold in etc. You also need to program to open trunk with foot movement. Re hood this works 1/2 the time but you have to move you hand slowly start just below the medallion and move hand below the hood.
It locks? If so that must be a new setting. Previously it would just bring the door handles in and fold in the mirrors (based on your setting). Need to go play with settings to see if auto lock now exists

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It locks? If so that must be a new setting. Previously it would just bring the door handles in and fold in the mirrors (based on your setting). Need to go play with settings to see if auto lock now exists
my dealer told me that the car doesn’t have auto lock. I’d love for him to be wrong. Has anyone said that it worked for them?

OP
OP
Frans

Frans

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just took another look there. My system is in Dutch but under vehicle settings there is an option 'vehicle locking systems'. In there I find an option for automatic unlocking on approach and a couple of other options but there seems to be nothing for automatic locking.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just took another look there. My system is in Dutch but under vehicle settings there is an option 'vehicle locking systems'. In there I find an option for automatic unlocking on approach and a couple of other options but there seems to be nothing for automatic locking.
Locking DOES require use of the key fob or door handle notch.
Sponsored