W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When I use the lock button to close the trunk it usually stops while it is on its way down without any audible warning. It just stops and I have to use the other button to close it or just push it down with my hand. Then I can lock my car with either using the key (very annoying) or walk to the side and press the sensor in one of the door handles. My car has comfort access.
It happens 70% of the times I use the lock button. Usually the key is in my pocket and I am standing next to the trunk.

Does anyone else has this issue? I had the same problem with my 2015 Macan but only 10% of the time. It is not nice to see the same issues in a car that is 5 years newer. Non of the other brands I have owned had an problem with the trunk close&lock button.
So I get this issue if I try to close the trunk without having the key present in my pocket. Some kind of safety measure I think.

The beep only occurs when using the foot gesture

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Have had this issue multiple times... even today walking back out from the shop to find my tailgate only half closed. For me, the issue occurs when the car can no longer detect the key during the closing motion.

It's strange as the car visibly locks as soon as you press the right button, so it's not like the car is waiting for the tailgate to close and latch before locking the other doors. Definitely a software bug but (like the infamous CT alarm issue) another embarrassing bug.

Will now use only the left button.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you walk away after you have pressed either of the closing / locking buttons the trunk will not close. Stay a while / near to the car whilst the trunk is closing (safety / security measure) and I’m pretty confident it will work just fine. It generally affects cars with Comfort option.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have had this issue multiple times... even today walking back out from the shop to find my tailgate only half closed. For me, the issue occurs when the car can no longer detect the key during the closing motion.

It's strange as the car visibly locks as soon as you press the right button, so it's not like the car is waiting for the tailgate to close and latch before locking the other doors. Definitely a software bug but (like the infamous CT alarm issue) another embarrassing bug.

Will now use only the left button.
Mine did this intermittently as well. No rhyme or reason of why it would do it.

Jezza99

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Had to reboot my car to stop the boot lid stopping half way. Works for now. You have to go through the engineering menu on the main screen.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Had to reboot my car to stop the boot lid stopping half way. Works for now. You have to go through the engineering menu on the main screen.
If you immediately walk away from the car after pressing the close button with the key in your pocket before the boot is closed the boot closing operation will stop.

Not sure if this is specific to cars with the Comfort option or not.

Rationale - safety I guess.

Jezza99

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Wasn't anything to do with walking away, comfort opening or safety, just another niggly Porsche software issue; I was standing right next to it all the time. Kept doing it until I rebooted the car using the engineering menu. Works fine now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Wasn't anything to do with walking away, comfort opening or safety, just another niggly Porsche software issue; I was standing right next to it all the time. Kept doing it until I rebooted the car using the engineering menu. Works fine now.
Ok but it is a feature / function in the manner described as I've done it several times now.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
If you immediately walk away from the car after pressing the close button with the key in your pocket before the boot is closed the boot closing operation will stop.

Not sure if this is specific to cars with the Comfort option or not.

Rationale - safety I guess.
Interesting, I usually press the lock button and then walk away, works fine. Maybe I don't walk far enough away or something.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interesting, I usually press the lock button and then walk away, works fine. Maybe I don't walk far enough away or something.
Do you have the Comfort option and / or PVTS+ - it may be related to either of these two items - my theory.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Do you have the Comfort option and / or PVTS+ - it may be related to either of these two items - my theory.
I have Comfort Access (the thing that auto unlocks as you walk up) but no PVTS+.
Sponsored