Trunk close & lock button does not close the trunk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I use the lock button to close the trunk it usually stops while it is on its way down without any audible warning. It just stops and I have to use the other button to close it or just push it down with my hand. Then I can lock my car with either using the key (very annoying) or walk to the side and press the sensor in one of the door handles. My car has comfort access.
It happens 70% of the times I use the lock button. Usually the key is in my pocket and I am standing next to the trunk.

Does anyone else has this issue? I had the same problem with my 2015 Macan but only 10% of the time. It is not nice to see the same issues in a car that is 5 years newer. Non of the other brands I have owned had an problem with the trunk close&lock button.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Yep mine is the same. I never push the right hand button it does not work. Just close works every time and then lock with the key. A little strange but just a first generation problem I guess

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
When I use the lock button to close the trunk it usually stops while it is on its way down without any audible warning. It just stops and I have to use the other button to close it or just push it down with my hand. Then I can lock my car with either using the key (very annoying) or walk to the side and press the sensor in one of the door handles. My car has comfort access.
It happens 70% of the times I use the lock button. Usually the key is in my pocket and I am standing next to the trunk.

Does anyone else has this issue? I had the same problem with my 2015 Macan but only 10% of the time. It is not nice to see the same issues in a car that is 5 years newer. Non of the other brands I have owned had an problem with the trunk close&lock button.
We have the same issue from time to time on our 2021 Cayenne GTS. I notice that if you stand right in front of the trunk while it is going down, it usually works as long as you have the key. I will mention to Porsche at the next dealer visit.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have never noticed this problem and I use the clothes and lock button 90% of the time. I have a 2020 Taycan 4S in USA.

I have had it stop several times with the beep because of items that it thought were too close, sometimes it was correct and other times it was overly pessimistic and I would hand close it and it would then latch.

I would definitely say check with the dealer when you're in.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag

Easy fix courtesy of my friendly and knowledgeable local SA: open the trunk (boot) all the way ... if necessary by hand. Press and hold the left close button for about 10 seconds until you hear a long beep.
Try closing now with the right button.
Wish all our problems with the car were this easy to resolve.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Easy fix courtesy of my friendly and knowledgeable local SA: open the trunk (boot) all the way ... if necessary by hand. Press and hold the left close button for about 10 seconds until you hear a long beep.
Really? Tempted to go down now and try it...

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is how you program the desired opening height for the SUV trunk doors.
I will give it a try.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Finally it's working! Thank you!

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did this procedure and the close button works now! Thanks!
This is a learning procedure for the car to learn the top position. I don't know why my trunk was not calibrated but now it is!

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tried this... worked for the one time... afterwards, the next time, it would stop half way again.... had this on my 2018 Panamera too... they never could fix it....

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Tried this... worked for the one time... afterwards, the next time, it would stop half way again.... had this on my 2018 Panamera too... they never could fix it....
Yes, same for me, the fix seems not permanent. I try again since I got WMA5...

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, same for me, the fix seems not permanent. I try again since I got WMA5...
Things are much better after WMA5 for me. Now I have the problem more rarely tha before.

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
Hi,

did you manage to get this fixed. MY22 Taycan Turbo. Same issue. I tried resetting the stop height. That didn’t solve the close and lock half close issue for me.
Sponsored