First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This is weird...

When entering the car, the "Taycan Squeeze" managed to hit the trunk release button on the key. Cursing quietly, I got out to close it and pressed the close button. It only moved about 1/3 of the way and stopped. I did it again, same thing. It took several presses until it finally closed.

When I got back home I tried again and it seemed to happen normally.

This is not the first time I've seen this behavior; it happened one other time to my wife.

Anyone else ever see this and have any suggestions? Nothing was obstructing the trunk's path that I could see.
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same thing happens to my Taycan, when pressing the lock button, it would stop half way or so... it also happened to my 2018 Panamera... after the big firmware update, I don't recall this happening again... is your car updated?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Same thing happens to my Taycan, when pressing the lock button, it would stop half way or so... it also happened to my 2018 Panamera... after the big firmware update, I don't recall this happening again... is your car updated?
I just got it 6/4 - no updates yet but I'm taking it in Monday for the recall fix and to fix failing FoD.

I guess I'll add one more thing to the list...

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
This is weird...

When entering the car, the "Taycan Squeeze" managed to hit the trunk release button on the key. Cursing quietly, I got out to close it and pressed the close button. It only moved about 1/3 of the way and stopped. I did it again, same thing. It took several presses until it finally closed.

When I got back home I tried again and it seemed to happen normally.

This is not the first time I've seen this behavior; it happened one other time to my wife.

Anyone else ever see this and have any suggestions? Nothing was obstructing the trunk's path that I could see.
See this post and thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...tton-does-not-close-the-trunk.3963/post-54761

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
@LonePalmBJ thanks for the link! I did calibrate the lid - it turned out not to be the issue but messing around out there led me to figure it out.

The left button is CLOSE.
The right button is CLOSE AND LOCK.

If you press the right button with one of the doors open, it can't lock the car so it stops partway down. Simple now that I get it!

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
lucky guy,
my trunk has an unsolved issue where the electric opening and closing is not working at all, when the car is parking in the sun. Then it's 100% reproducible, but vanishes when cooling down in the shadow.
The sun isn't alway shining in germany and also not in Porsche workshops. Still unfixed after some attempts. ECU leaves no error coded....

mkpierro

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
I just got it 6/4 - no updates yet but I'm taking it in Monday for the recall fix and to fix failing FoD.

I guess I'll add one more thing to the list...
Just curious, did your dealer or car notify you of the recall fix or did you contact them? I am waiting to see how long the roll out takes. I got my 4S on May 24th.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
@LonePalmBJ thanks for the link! I did calibrate the lid - it turned out not to be the issue but messing around out there led me to figure it out.

The left button is CLOSE.
The right button is CLOSE AND LOCK.

If you press the right button with one of the doors open, it can't lock the car so it stops partway down. Simple now that I get it!
Nice!
Tested that today and indeed, it doesn't close.
Thx for sharing.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just curious, did your dealer or car notify you of the recall fix or did you contact them? I am waiting to see how long the roll out takes. I got my 4S on May 24th.
I contacted them - the appointment was to fix my FoD but now that there's a recall too, I'll add that when I drop it off.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone know how the functionality works, that keeps the trunk from closing when it’s too full? Because it seems to work horribly. With grocery bags in the trunk, it will never close, even if it could easily close down on top of them. And even with my golf bag in the trunk, when it’s not obstructing the trunk at all, the trunk will frequently not close. I keep having to push it shut after it bounces back up when I try to close by hitting the button.It seems like it is trying to detect that the trunk is too full using some kind of light sensor, instead of just checking the resistance when it tries to close. In past cars of mine, the trunk would close fine even if something like grocery bags are giving light resistance when you try to close it.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
On a related note, is there seriously not a way to close the trunk with the key fob? So strange I have to press the bottom on the actual trunk each time to close.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Does anyone know how the functionality works, that keeps the trunk from closing when it’s too full?
Seizure, or blockage, is recognised when the drive motors stop transmitting signals from the hall effect sensors. A seized, or blocked drive motor is also recognised whenever the current draw or motor rotation rate rises above the specified level within a specified time frame.

The blockage identification is active during opening and closing of the tailgate.

If the boot lid / tailgate 'blocks' while opening, the boot lid lifting drive is stopped immediately.

If the tailgate jams while closing, the tailgate lift drive tailgate operation is reversed briefly in the opposite direction by the tailgate function module control unit. If at the time of the next request signal, the tailgate remains blocked, the boot lid / tailgate lifting drives stop being activated.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Seizure, or blockage, is recognised when the drive motors stop transmitting signals from the hall effect sensors. A seized, or blocked drive motor is also recognised whenever the current draw or motor rotation rate rises above the specified level within a specified time frame.

The blockage identification is active during opening and closing of the tailgate.

If the boot lid / tailgate 'blocks' while opening, the boot lid lifting drive is stopped immediately.

If the tailgate jams while closing, the tailgate lift drive tailgate operation is reversed briefly in the opposite direction by the tailgate function module control unit. If at the time of the next request signal, the tailgate remains blocked, the boot lid / tailgate lifting drives stop being activated.
Thanks, RS. Is that you writing that? Or is it something you’re copying and pasting from documentation you found? It’s unclear. In any case, that does not seem to be like what I am seeing. There does not seem to be any resistance whatsoever to the trunk closing, when it reopens. Is everybody seeing this? I hope not, in which case it sounds like it is a fixable thing.

Last edited:

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
indeed it's a copy of a BMW tail gate doc, which follows the same design principles :)
my trunk in the taycan feels also blocked even with a very slight pressure of a foldable bag e.g.
May be it can be coded, how sensible it detects a blocker?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Pressing and holding the key fob trunk button should close it, but you have to keep it pressed the entire time (same as from inside the car using the central control panel button).
Sponsored