BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Aside from a faulty internal alarm, which was replaced in a relatively timely manner, I've had a near flawless vehicle. However, 2 days ago I got the dreaded turtle yellow warning light. My car is a 2022 RWD at 16K miles. The car was parked outside overnight before it happened. Battery temp was 59F. Battery was 62%. Last charged 2 days ago via home AC which I use to charge 95% of the time. I had driven the car for about 2 miles before merging onto a highway when the accelerator stopped responding at 50mph and the yellow turtle icon flashed. Just when I was about to pull over the icon disappeared after about 4-5 miles of slow highway driving. Two days later and hasn't happened since. Any ideas? Love this car.
Sponsored

GT_Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Aside from a faulty internal alarm, which was replaced in a relatively timely manner, I've had a near flawless vehicle. However, 2 days ago I got the dreaded turtle yellow warning light. My car is a 2022 RWD at 16K miles. The car was parked outside overnight before it happened. Battery temp was 59F. Battery was 62%. Last charged 2 days ago via home AC which I use to charge 95% of the time. I had driven the car for about 2 miles before merging onto a highway when the accelerator stopped responding at 50mph and the yellow turtle icon flashed. Just when I was about to pull over the icon disappeared after about 4-5 miles of slow highway driving. Two days later and hasn't happened since. Any ideas? Love this car.
Probably not helpful, but at least to let you know you arent alone...
same exact thing happened to me this morning. California early morning, about 40F outside, battery temp showing 60F, battery charge level 80%. Got on the freeway and car could not power itself over 60mph, and kept flashing the yellow turtle sign every time i tried (would have never thought i would be googling "taycan yellow turtle"). Pulled over at next exit, turned off car and waited a couple minutes, and then tried again. Went my whole morning commute with no issues after that, but sure scared the heck out of me.

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag

Yusufsuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
Wow, what a nerve-wracking experience with your car! It's reassuring that the issue seems to have resolved itself, but I can imagine the concern it caused. It's frustrating when these things happen out of the blue. While it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause, incorporating some natural relaxation methods into your routine might help manage any lingering stress or anxiety.
Have you considered trying out some calming products like the ones offered at trythecbd.com? They could provide some peace of mind as you navigate future drives. Here's to smoother rides ahead and fewer unexpected turtle encounters on the road!
Sponsored

Last edited: