Turtle Icon

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
For the first time I received this turtle icon today even though my battery is at 56%. The icon was constantly popping up for 5 mins and car was jerking during this time almost like running out of gas, Anyone experienced this ?

Porsche Taycan Turtle Icon 0B3CA522-BAC4-4154-86E4-1A16895429F1
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: B61

lolamc

First Name
Dolores
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I have had the issue of the vehicle just stopping running three times, on freeways in busy traffic and have had to weave through to slow lane and pull off. Porsche not able to solve yet - did not see a turtle because of traffic and fast lane

• Wow

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
For the first time I received this turtle icon today even though my battery is at 56%. The icon was constantly popping up for 5 mins and car was jerking during this time almost like running out of gas, Anyone experienced this ?

0B3CA522-BAC4-4154-86E4-1A16895429F1.png
No bueno….I would ask to have them look at it….something isn’t right.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag

I’ve experienced this. There’s no clear pattern but it happens once every 6-8 weeks. Turning off the car and letting it sit for a few minutes always fixes it. I’ve mentioned this to the dealership but they don’t have answers.

• Wow

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
i had mine from day 1 after parking in the hot sun. happend a week later and had to limp home. took it to the dealer. they saw the faults with thermal management system in the logs but they were not persistent. they bled the coolant system and it hasnt come back (but has also been 15 degrees F cooler) since then.

• Sad

DorothyArnold

First Name
GreenEyes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag

My 2022 Taycan is a few weeks old 225 miles on it. Last night I was driving home from an event. I had 106 miles charge left. After a stop sign, upon acceleration the car the car repeatedly lurched forward, then lost power, never reaching more than 8-12 mph. The turtle symbol flashed briefly.Then it started to behave normally again. I continued to drive.
About 15 minutes later, while driving up the hill toward home the car started losing power. Turtle symbol came on repeatedly in the dash. Even though I pressed down half way on the accelerator I couldn't get it to go more than 2-5mph. I just kept losing power. With each press it went slower. I powered the car down, I waited 30 seconds and then powered back on. It started to behave normally again. I'm 💔 The dealer recommended I have it towed in today 😪

OP
OP
yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
My 2022 Taycan is a few weeks old 225 miles on it. Last night I was driving home from an event. I had 106 miles charge left. After a stop sign, upon acceleration the car the car repeatedly lurched forward, then lost power, never reaching more than 8-12 mph. The turtle symbol flashed briefly.Then it started to behave normally again. I continued to drive.
About 15 minutes later, while driving up the hill toward home the car started losing power. Turtle symbol came on repeatedly in the dash. Even though I pressed down half way on the accelerator I couldn't get it to go more than 2-5mph. I just kept losing power. With each press it went slower. I powered the car down, I waited 30 seconds and then powered back on. It started to behave normally again. I'm 💔 The dealer recommended I have it towed in today 😪
It happened to me only once when I posted this. Couple of weeks later I took it to dealer but they couldn’t figure it out. Haven’t seen turtle icon again.. so I recommend try driving close by for few minutes to see if still happens.

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
@yoursuf Have you experienced this since you last posted? It happened to me for the first time today.

OP
OP
yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
@yoursuf Have you experienced this since you last posted? It happened to me for the first time today.
No, never again.. Don’t remind me 😂
Its a speculation by dealer that one of temp sensor went faulty for a brief period when I had that issue. Never happened again since then and hope never will.

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
No, never again.. Don’t remind me 😂
Its a speculation by dealer that one of temp sensor went faulty for a brief period when I had that issue. Never happened again since then and hope never will.
Good to hear!

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I bought a new 2022 Taycan RWD at the end of July. The next day while driving home from work on the freeway I got the turtle symbol and no power. Had it towed to dealership. They said it needed an update and the next day I picked it up. No problems after that. I did trade it in the end of September for a Taycan Turbo S, but it was still working perfectly then.
Sponsored