TYD accuracy?

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
How accurate was TYD (US) once the build locks? My freeze point was reached yesterday, and estimated delivery is late February '23.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
How accurate was TYD (US) once the build locks? My freeze point was reached yesterday, and estimated delivery is late February '23.
We don't have it in UK / Europe but I don't think you can rely on it totally.

Many posts on the forum that you can search and read.

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
My dates have changed pretty often since order was place til now (just arrived at emden) But overall it is still roughly the same delivery window as when it was scheduled for production. It still has to get on a boat and a railcar from the port in the US. These both have major shortages so we will see if it holds.

JS4S

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan 4S, 21 Cayenne S, 06 Z06, 89 Formula 350
Country flag
My dates were all over the place. Even now it says the ship will arrive in Baltimore 12/2. It's headed to Davisville first (arrival 12/6) then to Baltimore. So, don't get attached to the dates. My delivery date kept getting pushed back. The last date was 12/30.....now I'm expecting to take delivery 12/15ish. It is fun and at times frustrating, but not all that accurate in my experience. Good luck!

FLL-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi E-Tron
Country flag
I found it was very accurate until it got to the port. Now the car just sits there with no idea what happening and TYD just says 0 days.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
TYD in theory is reasonably accurate but cannot accurately account for delays and issues. Because there have been so many delays this year (12V battery, German Port Strike, Ukraine wiring harnesses, bose/burmeister, Felicity ace sinking needing rebuilt cars) for many of us it overall hasn’t been accurate at all. My original TYD delivery date was mid August. It’s finally on a boat now and will probably (hopefully) be picking it up in late December

Some of the issues are getting better, so TYD timelines are probably getting more accurate but probably not there yet

OP
OP
TXSchnee

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks everyone! I was assuming it was hit or miss as my dates changed quite a few times while waiting for build freeze. Some other make info since all are having issues, I have a BMW iX M60 ordered as well, it was completed on July 22nd, then sat outside the factory in Dingolfing until November 2nd, no info on why, it is finally on a ship, expected to Port Galveston on 12/9. So I have already dealt with a lot of hurry up and wait in regards to vehicles this year.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Porsche can (and does) change the future dates in TYD fairly frequently. TYD is best to understand milestones a day or two after they have been completed. It’s use at being an accurate representation of when you will get your vehicle (particularly before production) is spotty at best. TYD drove me a bit crazy as the dates kept moving slightly…the sum of which turned into a 6 month delay.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My config froze and thawed 3 times (so far). Dates, including order date kept on changing (usually seeing the order date change meant the next day other dates would change). Before TYD went offline for me recently, it was frozen again with an estimated delivery date about 2 months behind the schedule from when it froze the first time.

OP
OP
TXSchnee

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My config froze and thawed 3 times (so far). Dates, including order date kept on changing (usually seeing the order date change meant the next day other dates would change). Before TYD went offline for me recently, it was frozen again with an estimated delivery date about 2 months behind the schedule from when it froze the first time.
Any time I made a change to the build my order date and freeze date would change. This is the first time I actually hit a freeze date on the Taycan, will watch to see if it stays "frozen".

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
It is interesting to hear reports of freeze dates and subsequent build timelines change whenever the build is modified before the freeze date.

I had a freeze date change after my first modification to my build and thought it an anomaly and did not attribute it to my build configuration change. I have subsequently changed my build twice reflected in TYD as a new order date, but my freeze date and all other dates have not changed. Hopefully it stays that way. My freeze date is 1/5/23 at the moment.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Any time I made a change to the build my order date and freeze date would change. This is the first time I actually hit a freeze date on the Taycan, will watch to see if it stays "frozen".
I did not make ANY changes to my build, stuck with original build code from the beginning (a "benefit" of waiting over a year for an allocation). The car still froze and thawed 3 times, at least how TYD defines freezing. As far as dealer tracking, it seems "V250 - Vehicle fixed" corresponds to to TYD "scheduled for production", and TYD "freeze date" does not even show up for the dealer.
Sponsored