(UK) 4s Order placed - what next?

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and it’s a good set of options you have quite similar to my own!

You’ll have a few months at least before you get an allocation and have to lock this build in and i’m sure you will tweak it a few times before then!

personally i would probably take rear seat heating and the sports sound off and option something else like innodrive which is £930 odd more..

It will be a long wait but worth it..
Sport sound is great.

Don't bother with Innodrive - just get Adaptive cruise and save the difference for something else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Sport sound is great.

Don't bother with Innodrive - just get Adaptive cruise and save the difference for something else.
that's the route I've gone so far. Looks like innodrive could be added retrospectively via function on Demand?

I'm not doing many motorway miles so not sure how much use I'd get out of innodrive apart from the 'show off to mates' use case! also saw there seems to be 3 months free trial with some FoD options!

the Taycan will be my daily driver with kids in the back hence 4 way and heated seats.

carrying the kids around also means I can park guilt free in the wider parent parking bays in carparks!

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
just did a quick reccy with Reading and Cambridge and both seem to suggest Q4 2023 for delivery for a 4S saloon.. better than the Q1 2024 Lex have provided (ironically through Cambridge too!).

though based on the experiences read here, I'd better not get my hopes up

Last edited:

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
that's the route I've gone so far. Looks like innodrive could be added retrospectively via function on Demand?

I'm not doing many motorway miles so not sure how much use I'd get out of innodrive apart from the 'show off to mates' use case! also saw there seems to be 3 months free trial with some FoD options!

the Taycan will be my daily driver with kids in the back hence 4 way and heated seats.

carrying the kids around also means I can park guilt free in the wider parent parking bays in carparks!
I guess depends how old the kids are - mine are still in car seats so ultimately pointless to heat the base of the car seats!! I think you are right re Innodrive, the best use of the smart cruise is in long traffic (my daily commute on the A40).

Reactions: Jin
OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I guess depends how old the kids are - mine are still in car seats so ultimately pointless to heat the base of the car seats!! I think you are right re Innodrive, the best use of the smart cruise is in long traffic (my daily commute on the A40).
urgh, don't envy that commute! luckily most days my commute is from the bedroom to the home-office downstairs!

kids at an ages where they're out of car seats now but not big enough to complain about leg room!

another reason which pushed me away from an e-tron GT was the lack of rear seat USBs in them!

now 12 months to figure out the best home charging options.., must be a thread on them here? :)

javelincoach

First Name
Clifton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE55, Cupra Formentor VZ5
Country flag
Hey @Jin have you had any updates?

I ordered my GTS ST in August ‘22 through Cambridge and also had a March 2024 estimated delivery.

As of now I’ve not had any additional updates, unsurprisingly, they aren’t the most helpful, but then it seems it’s just the way it is until they start getting allocations.

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Hey @Jin have you had any updates?

I ordered my GTS ST in August ‘22 through Cambridge and also had a March 2024 estimated delivery.

As of now I’ve not had any additional updates, unsurprisingly, they aren’t the most helpful, but then it seems it’s just the way it is until they start getting allocations.
hey, not a sausage. The last “comms” was when I prodded Lex to check at the end of March and Cambridge came back with it’s still due end of Feb 24 and they weren’t expecting allocation for a while yet.

Is your order a lease/salary sac too? If so, I’ve got a tracker running for them if you wanted to stick your dates in.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Hi Jin, in my case there were no real updates from Lex (apart from pushing the dates back quarterly) or the OPC until I received an allocation. If they are saying Feb ‘24 then expect the allocation around Q3/Q4 this year.

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Hi Jin, in my case there were no real updates from Lex (apart from pushing the dates back quarterly) or the OPC until I received an allocation. If they are saying Feb ‘24 then expect the allocation around Q3/Q4 this year.
Yup, after the initial few months of excitement, I’ve now resigned myself to not hearing much until later in the year… on the plus side, this year does seem to be flying past.. nice summer break and then can start procrastinating about it all again.

anyone who had used Sal sac know what happens if you want to modify spec at allocation time? Do they run numbers again based on current rates? Given I ordered in oct last year, I can imaginethe Lex interest rates used have gone up significantly now!

javelincoach

First Name
Clifton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE55, Cupra Formentor VZ5
Country flag
hey, not a sausage. The last “comms” was when I prodded Lex to check at the end of March and Cambridge came back with it’s still due end of Feb 24 and they weren’t expecting allocation for a while yet.

Is your order a lease/salary sac too? If so, I’ve got a tracker running for them if you wanted to stick your dates in.
Same, I emailed Steven Lewis back in March and got the same date as per when the order went in. Yes, mine too is a lease order and I put my info in the tracker a few week back.

Its and odd experience to be honest. I was tempted to go down the purchase route with my local dealer at Mid Sussex and I kind of wish I had now given what some have experienced which is very different.

I have pretty much every option on mine so as soon as an allocation comes in it’s getting locked. I’m just trying no to worry about delays others have mentioned on this forum. Maybe if I don’t think about it, it will come sooner 🤣

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Same, I emailed Steven Lewis back in March and got the same date as per when the order went in. Yes, mine too is a lease order and I put my info in the tracker a few week back.

Its and odd experience to be honest. I was tempted to go down the purchase route with my local dealer at Mid Sussex and I kind of wish I had now given what some have experienced which is very different.

I have pretty much every option on mine so as soon as an allocation comes in it’s getting locked. I’m just trying no to worry about delays others have mentioned on this forum. Maybe if I don’t think about it, it will come sooner 🤣
your order went in two months prior to mine with them so hopefully your further ahead on the list. Hopefully they were conservative estimates on delivery.

but as you say, best to get it out of mind for a while… delays, price increases, options removed… who knows what the state will be in at the tail end of this year.
Sponsored