Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
hi all,

first post so be gentle! :CWL:

I've recently placed an order for a 4s through my work scheme via Lex Autolease. I know I've got a long old wait ahead of me (been told March 2024!) but I'm trying to get my head around how and when things like TYD might become available?

my first Porsche so not familiar with the process and after having a good old read of the many useful posts here, there seems to be a good few differences between regions etc. I also fear going via Lex will hide the process even more so!

So far I know the order has been placed with Porsche Centre Cambridge and I've and 18 month wait at least ahead of me.

anyone able too confirm/correct any of these assumptions?

• the only information I'll get a for a while is likely to be no update/change. I wouldn't expect to use/see any reference to it on the app/website?
  • when my 'demand' is given allocation (terminology right I hope?!) I should get a link to 'track my dream'? I've seen people reference the app/website and see the different phases. Is it only after allocation that this becomes visible?
  • with PEC - seems that an invite could come via email many months from now?

sorry if these have been asked/answered but trying to get a local/UK view on things!

in regards to the Car itself, went from a RWD with too many options to a 4s... with the same number of options :headbang:.. seems to be the way though :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYYUYP6
Sponsored

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and it’s a good set of options you have quite similar to my own!

You’ll have a few months at least before you get an allocation and have to lock this build in and i’m sure you will tweak it a few times before then!

personally i would probably take rear seat heating and the sports sound off and option something else like innodrive which is £930 odd more..

It will be a long wait but worth it..

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
good to know I'm in good company!

I was weighing up the Taycan vs the E-tron GT initially, but after the test drive of the Taycan, it wasn't even an option to look at Audi! (plus their awful sales team at 2 London dealers).

I'm going via a salary sacrifice, no deposit, 3 year lease in essence so the additional extras only seemed to add a 'few' more pounds a month.

my usage/milage will be low and 99% around town.. did I read right that things like innodrive can be added later and on a monthly basis?

18 months will be painful but hoping some more 'tracking' and PEC next year will make it easier!

Last edited:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Congrats. Nice colour choice.

I have also just placed an order. I assume there is no website I can track the order and have to ask the dealer to keep checking. That's what I've been told.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would consider dropping the 4 zone climate unless you carry passengers a lot, same with rear heated seats. The passenger screen is nice but most people say no point as the passenger can easily reach the centre screen. Seat ventilation I've not bothered with and it gets pretty hot here in SW France. I've also not bothered with comfort access. Consider adding Innodrive and maytbe some 21 inch wheels. Personally I like the Sports Sound even if I don't use it often. I would add the rear bike rack prep for the future.

Reactions: Jin

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Nice spec and also similar to mine. I gave Innodrive a miss as it can be added later as long as you have ACC. I did add the Lane Change Assist though. I also didn't spec the remote park assist as I couldn't really see me using it plus it doesn't get completely glowing reports on here. My options list grew almost every week but I'm now near lock-in so the temptation of the costly configurator will disappear at last lol.

I would suggest you consider the Race-Tex for the B Trim Pillars as they are plastic as standard and can scratch quite easily (as I noted in the demonstrator).

In terms of the heated rear seats and 4-way climate control, I have kept them in my spec. My daughters are typical opposites; one is always warm, the other cold. This will keep them quiet (maybe ;) ). Also I like the aesthetics of the 4-way display which makes the feel of the rear of the car similar to the front. Personal choices as always which is why my options list is fairly hefty.

Definitely take the time to read the excellent threads on here regarding various options etc - they're a good handrail however, it's your car at the end of the day and making it uniquely yours is all part of the Porsche experience.

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
spent way too long on the configurator already and there's still 18 months go to!

think I'm fairly fixed on spec now.. I think I have an OCD/FOMO about blanks, gaps or missing buttons where I could have spec'd another option!

will be interested in seeing what changes some a year in spec and pricing.. that might drive a rethink!

keen to know when if/when these additional tools and tracking become available!

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
In terms of Track Your Dream, there was some chat on here that it was being rolled out to a few UK dealerships but I never read any more about it. My OPC didn't seem to think they were getting access to it although that could change by the time you get your allocation.

Currently, I have the My Porsche app (My Porsche) which shows the 5 stages once your order has been received by Porsche. Other than that, you can ask your SA to print off build/delivery progress updates for you (after allocation?):

Porsche Taycan (UK) 4s Order placed - what next? Key Event Timelines

I received my PEC invitation three months after placing my order and three months before getting my allocation.

I'm a private buyer so not sure if there is any difference in the process? Someone else on here will be able to advise I'm sure.

Hopefully of use.

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
really useful, thanks! when you say "order received by Porsche" this is when you had allocation?

edit:

I did ping the 'corporate account coordinator' at Cambridge who I had confirmed my build with and he's come back with:

Once your order demand has been given allocation and starts production in the factory you should get an email to 'track your dream' which will allow you to see the progress your car makes on the production line.
As for the experience days, you should receive a email with an invite to book an experience day with your model on order. keep an eye out for it as it may drop into your junk folder.
Lex will provide you with regular updates with your order. Additionally, we will be in direct contact with yourself once we have received allocation for Porsche for your order demand to make sure that you are happy with the spec and happy to proceed.
Looks like he's already trying to back away from the inevitable queries on updates he will be seeing from me!

so seems like it radio silence until allocation with potential PEC invite turning up before then.

anyone else have experience with Lex Autolease?

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ve had my car 3 months and still not got the PEC email - i will chase them up on it though. My GTS order isn’t on the app which only shows my 4S. It will only show when i get the allocation i presume…

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In terms of Track Your Dream, there was some chat on here that it was being rolled out to a few UK dealerships but I never read any more about it. My OPC didn't seem to think they were getting access to it although that could change by the time you get your allocation.

Currently, I have the My Porsche app (My Porsche) which shows the 5 stages once your order has been received by Porsche. Other than that, you can ask your SA to print off build/delivery progress updates for you (after allocation?):

Key Event Timelines.png

I received my PEC invitation three months after placing my order and three months before getting my allocation.

I'm a private buyer so not sure if there is any difference in the process? Someone else on here will be able to advise I'm sure.

Hopefully of use.
I have an allocation but nothing in the MyPorsche App. My Allocation is at V200 so just accepted. What do I need to do please?

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Hi Kevin,

When I was informed by my Sales Advisor that I had an allocation (at the end of June) and confirmed I wished to proceed, Stage 1 below appeared shortly afterwards on My Porsche. I assumed this was how the notifications worked and that, once the SA notified Porsche of my acceptance, this started the process. I might be wrong and it would be worth speaking with your SA to see when your order will actually be acknowledged.

Porsche Taycan (UK) 4s Order placed - what next? Stage 1b.JPG

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
hi all,

first post so be gentle! :CWL:

I've recently placed an order for a 4s through my work scheme via Lex Autolease. I know I've got a long old wait ahead of me (been told March 2024!) but I'm trying to get my head around how and when things like TYD might become available?

my first Porsche so not familiar with the process and after having a good old read of the many useful posts here, there seems to be a good few differences between regions etc. I also fear going via Lex will hide the process even more so!

So far I know the order has been placed with Porsche Centre Cambridge and I've and 18 month wait at least ahead of me.

anyone able too confirm/correct any of these assumptions?

• the only information I'll get a for a while is likely to be no update/change. I wouldn't expect to use/see any reference to it on the app/website?
  • when my 'demand' is given allocation (terminology right I hope?!) I should get a link to 'track my dream'? I've seen people reference the app/website and see the different phases. Is it only after allocation that this becomes visible?
  • with PEC - seems that an invite could come via email many months from now?

sorry if these have been asked/answered but trying to get a local/UK view on things!

in regards to the Car itself, went from a RWD with too many options to a 4s... with the same number of options :headbang:.. seems to be the way though :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYYUYP6
Until you get an allocation nothing will happen. When you get an allocation you will be asked to finalise your build and shortly thereafter your build will lock and sequencing for manufacture will begin. TYD such as it is may spring into life then.

I hope you're patient as you could be in for a very long wait.

OP
OP
Jin

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Until you get an allocation nothing will happen. When you get an allocation you will be asked to finalise your build and shortly thereafter your build will lock and sequencing for manufacture will begin. TYD such as it is may spring into life then.

I hope you're patient as you could be in for a very long wait.
Thanks for confirming. In for the long haul, it’s taycan or bust for me currently, just need to stay off the configurator for about half a year.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Kevin,

When I was informed by my Sales Advisor that I had an allocation (at the end of June) and confirmed I wished to proceed, Stage 1 below appeared shortly afterwards on My Porsche. I assumed this was how the notifications worked and that, once the SA notified Porsche of my acceptance, this started the process. I might be wrong and it would be worth speaking with your SA to see when your order will actually be acknowledged.

Stage 1b.JPG
Thanks will speak to him