Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
Quick update. Just been told that my car is on a ship called The Parana. However having checked, it doesn’t dock in Emden until 18.31 this evening. Currently anchored in the North Sea! I have been given a provisional collection date of the 19th April though. ????
What is clear though is that receiving the vin and connect emails does NOT mean it’s in the UK..
Sponsored

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Malacca Highway due tomorrow 10.00am at Sheerness from Emden. Keeping my finger's crossed.:please:

Reactions: K.H

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Quick update. Just been told that my car is on a ship called The Parana. However having checked, it doesn’t dock in Emden until 18.31 this evening. Currently anchored in the North Sea! I have been given a provisional collection date of the 19th April though. ????
What is clear though is that receiving the vin and connect emails does NOT mean it’s in the UK..
That’s great news! Always assumed it was just the malacca highway to sheerness. Now another vessel to track ?

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Ordered my 4S and placed a £5k credit card deposit on 4th December. I made numerous additions and placed my final order on 4th Feb (locked so no further changes without incurring delays). I have been told today that my car is in pre-production and is due to be completed on 29th March and delivery will take about 2 weeks thereafter. Fingers crossed, all goes well. It has been a long wait!
This thread has been interesting since I too am awaiting delivery of my 4S, currently at Port Emden. The dealer I ordered my car through told me that I should get my car by mid-March when I placed the order on 4th Dec 2020 and this was the reason I ordered through them rather than my nearest dealership. However, a few weeks ago I was told that the 4S models have suffered from delays and my car will be delivered around mid-April (per my previous post above). A few of you seem to have been delivered your 4S cars in a more expedited manner. I am curious to know why this would be the case since surely there is a queue. Maybe the difference is due to supply chain issues on the options ordered. I would be interested in comparing orders. Here are my order details:

order/deposit paid date: 4th Dec 2020
dealer claimed delivery date when the order was placed: approx. 20th March 2021
final changes or lock date: 4th Feb 2021
Interim updates: 18th March 2021 told that the car is in pre-production and due to complete on 29th March with delivery about 2 weeks later
8th April 2021 told the car is completed and has been moved to Port Emden and due to arrive in Sheerness in the next few days

Last edited:

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had an update from my dealer this morning, was told the car was on its way from Germany and once in the UK it would take a few days in the docks processing. Said they will give me a completion date once they have a delivery date into them from the transport agent. Car completed build on the 2nd April. I’m hopeful to get it in the tail end of next week, fingers crossed!

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
I ordered mine in May 2020. Delivery date is end of July. I guess that huge wait may simply be due to me purchasing through a salary sacrifice scheme.

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
Patience is definitely required. Tough when you don’t even know what dealer it is coming from. However, the dealership contacted me for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I pushed for an earlier delivery but got the following response:-

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for the allocation, unfortunately like many things the Covid situation had a knock on effect in manufacturing
It’s estimated a present as approximately a year still based on order bank vs available allocation

In the meantime, reading on here is keeping me going??

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
Patience is definitely required. Tough when you don’t even know what dealer it is coming from. However, the dealership contacted me for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I pushed for an earlier delivery but got the following response:-

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for the allocation, unfortunately like many things the Covid situation had a knock on effect in manufacturing
It’s estimated a present as approximately a year still based on order bank vs available allocation

I think you are being deceived for some reason? In my experience, and from reading other info on here, lead times seem to be around 3-5 months? Definitely not a year?

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag

I would be looking at other dealers if I were you

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan 4s through a lease company back in October 2020, finally got given dealers details, on contacting the dealer in January they did not even have a car build slot allocated to me at all after nearly 4 months and said car would not be delivered until probably at least August. I cancelled order with lease company who returned the deposit and appologised.

I put in order direct to my local dealer for a CT4S in February, now locked and build complete end of this April for delivery May

I dont think dealers like lease companies and give preference to their own customers
Sponsored