First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
If b
I was going to order a 4S CT from them but just couldn't get a straight answer on how many on their wait list so ordered from Reading who were totally transparent and got me a commission number/ build slot 3 weeks after paying the deposit with 11 people ahead of me.
een next in line since April
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
If b

een next in line since April
Yep my friend ordered a 4S CT from them a month before me and is still waiting for an allocation. I guess it comes down to how many allocations for a particular model each dealer gets. PRG take 25% of all UK allocations so about 2.5 cars for every 1 other dealers get.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Yep my friend ordered a 4S CT from them a month before me and is still waiting for an allocation. I guess it comes down to how many allocations for a particular model each dealer gets. PRG take 25% of all UK allocations so about 2.5 cars for every 1 other dealers get.
I spoke to Porsche Reading the other week about a GTS ST.

They told me don't bother dropping another deposit with them and wait on my current Sytner dealer, where I am 10th on the list.

Delivery estimate is 2024 even via Reading.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I spoke to Porsche Reading the other week about a GTS ST.

They told me don't bother dropping another deposit with them and wait on my current Sytner dealer, where I am 10th on the list.

Delivery estimate is 2024 even via Reading.
Good to get some honest advice rather than just taking your money

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
According to my dealer this week all Taycans have a 1 year wait except for GTS which is 2 years. I think this is going to continue for some time, maybe even several
years. We will see.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
According to my dealer this week all Taycans have a 1 year wait except for GTS which is 2 years. I think this is going to continue for some time, maybe even several
years. We will see.
When I got mine recently I did jokingly say maybe I should transfer my deposit to its eventual replacement...not so funny now, but then again I don't know what- if any- queue I'd want to be in 3+ years ahead.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Well today was the day… I got the call saying that all 2022 build slots had been allocated and therefore that my order wouldn’t be built until H1 ‘23. I suddenly went from a June-July build for Sept delivery with “maybe a couple of months of delay” to a Q1-Q2 ‘23 estimate.

I’m wondering what to do but I might just hang in there… I don’t really need the car right now so not too bad, just annoying.

I’m a bit reluctant to go into Q4 British weather with my current 2WD daily but it’s either that or the motorbike which is even worse 🤪
Well you may not want to stump for winter tyres but on snow a 2WD on winter tyres has better traction than a 4WD on normal tyres and has the added (crucial IMHO) benefit of steering and stopping massively better too.
IMO having 4WD traction in slippery conditions is dangerous if the braking and lateral grip is not good, an accident waiting to happen.
I will be getting winter tyres on my CT 4S based on my experience.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Haha so true.

It seems the typical Porsche buyer now needs to be slightly jilted with a complete lack of understanding the value of money.
Not sure how new this is. I looked into a 911 turbo in 1996 and was offered a F1 VIP order. They explained that they can sell every car they make so no special deals but they would put me at the front of the order queue, which turned out to be the best deal I could get.
In fact though the 911 turbo was amazing driven flat out it was far too laggy for every day use - overtaking was risky because of the wait foir the power - so I didn't buy one at all.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I was told all allocations for the remainder of 2023 are gone. As I was 3rd on the list back in May, I therefore assume they had either none, or only two, allocations for a CT4S as I didn't get one. So here is hoping for more allocations in December.

Does anyone know whether allocations for CT's generally, for example, or whether they are specifically for variants of it such as the 4S?

If its specifically for a CT4S, or a ST Turbo, for example, I assume I am 3rd in the list specifically for a CT4S.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I was told all allocations for the remainder of 2023 are gone. As I was 3rd on the list back in May, I therefore assume they had either none, or only two, allocations for a CT4S as I didn't get one. So here is hoping for more allocations in December.

Does anyone know whether allocations for CT's generally, for example, or whether they are specifically for variants of it such as the 4S?

If its specifically for a CT4S, or a ST Turbo, for example, I assume I am 3rd in the list specifically for a CT4S.
Hoping you meant 2022 there.
I believe that dealers receive their build allocations by model variant (e.g. CT 4S or 4 door RWD).

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Ah, yes, all allocations for 2022 gone. Not 2023!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Was told the same by my dealer today: all allocations for this year are done.

Waiting on Q1 for the next round of allocations. Dealer explained there is no set amount of allocations monthly either: "it is as and when at the moment".

Ergo, totally random.

Whether you are #2 or #15 on the wait list, it basically means nothing as the latter could get their car sooner than the former.

I hazard guess Porsche HQ has a dartboard with every dealer on it. That is how they decide who gets what allocation.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
i just got bumped from september delivery to the end of november, reason being 12v battery...

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
It's funny. I was told that my car was delayed because of the 12v battery shortage and was being kept in a compound. Then, suddenly, six days later that was done and it went to Emden docks.

It's now fully "complete" with 12v battery (so that delay was literally 6 days) but has been at the Emden docs for 4 weeks now. Not sure how I feel about it being at the docks for weeks and weeks. Feels like there's something suspect going on.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Well you may not want to stump for winter tyres but on snow a 2WD on winter tyres has better traction than a 4WD on normal tyres and has the added (crucial IMHO) benefit of steering and stopping massively better too.
IMO having 4WD traction in slippery conditions is dangerous if the braking and lateral grip is not good, an accident waiting to happen.
I will be getting winter tyres on my CT 4S based on my experience.
That’s quite true, my Vogue despite mud & snow Scorpion Verde tyres, almost got me into a ditch a few times as traction was brilliant but it just wouldn’t turn / brake on compact / icy snow.
The lighter Countryman AWD was much better!
I’m going to be bold and leave my Granturismo on P Zeros for the sake of trying it - how could it go wrong? 😬
Sponsored