Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
A progress update on my 4S which I ordered in Jan 2023 via Octopus/Wilmslow...

I just gave the dealer at Wilmslow a call to check in and see how long it might be before an allocation might be coming my way, I have tried to do this every few months just so they know I'm alive!

To my amazement, he said your car should arrive next month (December) - !!!!!!

Well this was news to me - I asked if he could please tell Octopus as they still have the waiting time showing on their website as Dec 2024!

More worryingly I've NOT yet confirmed the final spec or monthly repayment quote either! I had a quote at the end of last year but that was for a MY23 car with less options.

So, I'm now in the position of having a car being produced in Germany to a spec I did not sign-off and an unknown monthly cost!

I still want the car and think the spec I saved was good but I was planning to remove several items (BOSE/CHRONO) if the costs were higher than I had budgeted for.

So, not sure were I stand (contractually/legally) if the costs come in massively high but good news I've got an allocation and its coming before Christmas.

Moral of the story is do not trust your employer scheme to know what's going on and keep you in the loop - they have not got a clue! Make sure you strike up a relationship with the dealer too!!!!

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Hi Chris. I was given the option to cancel when I recieved my price increase, so if worst comes to worst I am sure you can do this. Ultimately you have not agreed to any revised costs… but given the time you’ve waited I’m sure you don’t want to do this. I doubt Porsche would want you to pull out now, so you may be able to negotiate a tad between Octopus and Porsche. Maybe try and use the £5k discount currently being offered as a starter for ten.

Good luck and hope it works out.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
that's frustrating you've not had the chance to confirm your build or make adjustments. I made sure the 75 year pack was added to mine as it wasn't available when I initially ordered. I had the same items from the pack in my original order, but the pack was making it slightly cheaper.

The monthly price will have definitely gone up due to the ~£7k increases earlier this year across the board.

My spec from my order in Oct 22 went up ~£300/m gross when the spec staying the same. (about half that in real terms after tax/NI). Lex did honour the 'internal' prices (the apr, and their maintenance costs, insurance etc) when they reworked the quote and only adjusted the Porsche increase. If I quoted on today's price, the same car would have been £550 a month more gross!

The car is due in a few weeks now but it was only last week I finally got the paperwork signed for the new price 'officially'. there was no urgency from Lex to sort it out even though they knew I'd locked in and the car was being built. I'm sure I could have walked away from this prior to signing the paperwork but there just isn't any alternative I'd want! These fleet companies know they can probably move the order to someone else.

I'd get on the phone to Octopus and see how your prices fair and then as Matt says.. try negotiate

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I've been told (and I've asked 3 times) that my monthly will remain the same as when I ordered in December 2021. Anyone had similar experiences?

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I've been told (and I've asked 3 times) that my monthly will remain the same as when I ordered in December 2021. Anyone had similar experiences?
which leasing company was your car coming from?

did you mean 2021? that would mean the company swallowing 2 years of increases if you're due to get a MY24.

Lex definitely said that Porsche were one of the only manufacturers who wouldn't honour the build price at time of order but only on allocation.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Not 100% sure but I think the market with high unit buyers such as Salary Sacrifice companies are now able to negotiate with the dealers to maintain a sales relationship.

As the EV market slows, Dec in UK typically being the worst month in the year for sales plus the growing stock of cars at dealers, not surprised that they can honour a price freeze to guarantee a sale/deal etc.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the info is correct, it makes the deal even better!

Reactions: Jin

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
which leasing company was your car coming from?

did you mean 2021? that would mean the company swallowing 2 years of increases if you're due to get a MY24.

Lex definitely said that Porsche were one of the only manufacturers who wouldn't honour the build price at time of order but only on allocation.
Lease company is Zenith
Sponsored