Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’ve read that in the centre console your phone can wirelessly charge & there is also a mobile antenna that boosts your mobile phone signal.
I understand in the UK that wireless charging is not installed. However is a booster installed in that same position?
ive noticed that my mobile signal isn’t that great in the car so was hoping to be able to boost my signal, especially when I’m in the car for longer periods.
Sponsored

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I’ve read that in the centre console your phone can wirelessly charge & there is also a mobile antenna that boosts your mobile phone signal.
I understand in the UK that wireless charging is not installed. However is a booster installed in that same position?
ive noticed that my mobile signal isn’t that great in the car so was hoping to be able to boost my signal, especially when I’m in the car for longer periods.
At the risk of sounding simple, did you put you cell phone in the center console and check for stronger signal? If so, you could be the authoritative source.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
That would be a first. Qi wireless chargers use inductive charging but do not as far as I am aware incorporate anything to do with the wireless signal boosting.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That would be a first. Qi wireless chargers use inductive charging but do not as far as I am aware incorporate anything to do with the wireless signal boosting.
Good to know app states that there is a signal from the cars antenna at the phone holder in the centre armrest! And since it states that there is a USB port for charging ( even if the picture shows the Qi symbols), it is likely that the cars in the UK have this as standard?
Porsche Taycan UK Mobile Phone Booster E6C921D0-3E9C-4440-8590-EF363EC11A09

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Good to know app states that there is a signal from the cars antenna at the phone holder in the centre armrest! And since it states that there is a USB port for charging ( even if the picture shows the Qi symbols), it is likely that the cars in the UK have this as standard?
E6C921D0-3E9C-4440-8590-EF363EC11A09.png
Wow I stand corrected - thanks for sharing. I am not sure how that would work but will surely test it when the car arrives. Not sure if MY20 cars in the UK will automatically get the update but I think MY21 cars will have this active from arrival.