UK service & costs

LotusPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43, Mustang Mach E, Hopefully a Taycan soon..
Country flag
I too am 800 miles from service no 1 with my CT4 and have been playing one dealership off against another…
South Lakes £720 and can’t drop price
Preston £625 with a 10% discount
Bolton £650 and can’t drop price
Solihull initially quoted £526 but when I said Chelmsford quoted £426 they price matched it so thanks to the member on here who posted the Chelmsford service pdf.
Booked in to Solihull although could have taken it to Leicester or Silverstone as it’s a Sytner dealership
Sponsored

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
I have just had this quote from Sheffield OPC -
The first service is a fixed price of £475 and this includes the brake fluid change.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Any idea if there is there a difference in pricing between RWD, 4, 4S etc? ie do they charge more for the higher spec / 4WD cars etc?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For CT4S in London area, all incl VAT. No idea if they're exactly like for like as the quotes are in different formats. Some mention roof drains, one doesn't. Why do i expect an 'oh, we didn't know you had a glass roof' conversation coming soon!

Hatfield £621
West London £640
East London £825

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
For CT4S in London area, all incl VAT. No idea if they're exactly like for like as the quotes are in different formats. Some mention roof drains, one doesn't. Why do i expect an 'oh, we didn't know you had a glass roof' conversation coming soon!

Hatfield £621
West London £640
East London £825
Had our ct4 done in May at Hatfield for £539

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had our ct4 done in May at Hatfield for £539
Ive just had my health check video and attached is a urgent additional items for aircon service overdue (car is less than 2yrs old) - extra £370 ,
and bulkhead and battery ducts to be cleared £500 odd.

A different dealer (different group) quoted me about £260 for front check and clean and sunroof check' as part of their service package, that wasn't included on the dealer i went with. Is it the same thing as the above ducts quote i'm now getting do you think?

No mention or footage on the health check video itself of blocked ducts either.

Does everyone get that sort of upselling?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ive just had my health check video and attached is a urgent additional items for aircon service overdue (car is less than 2yrs old) - extra £370 ,
and bulkhead and battery ducts to be cleared £500 odd.

A different dealer (different group) quoted me about £260 for front check and clean and sunroof check' as part of their service package, that wasn't included on the dealer i went with. Is it the same thing as the above ducts quote i'm now getting do you think?

No mention or footage on the health check video itself of blocked ducts either.

Does everyone get that sort of upselling?
off the top of my head I think they checked all ducts and did the video but otherwise everything was good. No upselling to me

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
A different dealer (different group) quoted me about £260 for front check and clean and sunroof check' as part of their service package, that wasn't included on the dealer i went with.
It is scam, Porsche service centres are trying a lot of these things to boost their revenue.

Ask the service guy to show how to open the sunroof and he will quickly take that item off the list

SCAM!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is scam, Porsche service centres are trying a lot of these things to boost their revenue.

Ask the service guy to show how to open the sunroof and he will quickly take that item off the list

SCAM!
paraphrasing.
Battery and Bulkhead ducts to be cleaned out. Though they can’t tell if they need doing until they do it! Invalidates warranty if a problem arises and there was a failure to follow the advice. If they hadn’t told me they may need checking, then I guess there wouldn’t be an issue.
Ho hum.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
So much shenanigans over this. Absolute buffoonery. I'm driving 160 miles to Bournemouth for £474 inc club discount. The not Lovett dealer SW monopoly 2 miles away wants Over £800. No chance. We will have a coastal weekend break and still save a few quid. Such nonsense.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So much shenanigans over this. Absolute buffoonery. I'm driving 160 miles to Bournemouth for £474 inc club discount. The not Lovett dealer SW monopoly 2 miles away wants Over £800. No chance. We will have a coastal weekend break and still save a few quid. Such nonsense.
It's the giving a quote, then adding on some 'additional service items' after they've got your car that i take issue to. To be clear, it's not just stuff they've spotted, it's things that they always 'recommend' with a veiled threat to warranty if ignored.

Steve-M

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S (2024 MY)
Country flag
I’ve just booked my 2021 Turbo in for its first service at the new dealership at High Wycombe - been quoted £578 including VAT. Will read through the recent prices on here for comparison…

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
My 2022 Turbo S has just had its first service at Porsche Centre Norwich. £297 including VAT. Included screen wash and pollen and dust filter. They did the PCM update too. Had a 73 reg new shape Cayenne Coupe as a loan vehicle. Very pleased!
Sponsored